Business Systems Administrator
Type of Job
$60,000 - $75,000
Mar 29, 2023
About the job
Do you have a passion for clean energy AND building effective systems? Are you looking for a career with a growing organization where you can make a difference and have fun doing it? If so, keep reading!
Solar United Neighbors (SUN) is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit. We started more than 15 years ago with a simple question. "Mom, can we go solar?" Since then, we've helped tens of thousands of people benefit from solar energy. We are dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone — by helping people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights.
SUN is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
Solar United Neighbors welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a non-traditional education. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Position
As a Business Systems Administrator (BSA), you'll be working closely with our Director of Technology to keep our business systems running smoothly day-to-day and ensure they meet our needs. That means you'll be wearing different hats - from Salesforce admin to project manager and business analyst. On one hand, you'll be dealing with the typical business systems admin responsibilities like, error-handling, data uploads, user support, solution design, and troubleshooting. On the other hand, you'll have the chance to use your Salesforce admin chops to improve our infrastructure (e.g. moving from Workflows/PBs to Flow, other automation, etc) add new features to enhance our program tracking, or build out a new declarative integration with another system.
The BSA will work closely with users to understand their processes and needs and will support the design and implementation of solutions to improve their experience and productivity. Overall, this is a pivotal role in our tech team, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to make a real impact.
Job responsibilities include:
System/Application Administrator: Support Salesforce and other business systems to ensure they are reliable and meeting organizational needs.
- Configure and customize Salesforce and other systems to meet the specific needs of the organization.
- Manage the Salesforce platform, including user setup, security, data integrity, data uploads, etc.
- Assist in managing declarative integrations with form tools, email platforms, iPaas platforms, event registration tools, texting platforms, and more.
- Monitor error-handling alerts, troubleshoot issues to completion, and ensure that all systems are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Design and implement solutions to improve user experience and productivity by automating repetitive tasks and streamlining workflows.
- Create and manage reports and dashboards to ensure staff have access to the data they need.
User Support: Own the user support lifecycle for Salesforce and other business systems, working with staff to resolve issues as they arise; escalate to the Director as needed.
- Ensure that our staff feel supported and confident in their ability to use our systems to do their work.
- Build trusting and supportive relationships with staff. Facilitate user testing, trainings, and office hours. Onboard new staff to Salesforce and other systems.
- Provide training and support to users on how to use Salesforce and other systems effectively.
Documentation: Maintain up-to-date documentation of systems
- Ensure that key parts of our systems are documented so that we know the overall flow of data and can confidently make declarative changes to our systems.
- Demonstrate project management skills and serve as a department technical lead on IT Projects.
- Lead and support the implementation and change management efforts necessary to continuously improve SUN business systems.
- Collect requirements, design, build, test and launch improvements and new features for our technology systems. This includes small & large-scale projects, including researching and integrating new tools and processes.
- Support and execute on a roadmap of our department priorities. Work with the Director of Technology to set quarterly goals and work projects to meet those goals.
- This role has a lot of room for growth, both breadth and depth; responsibilities may change and grow as well.
- Minimum 3 years of experience serving as a Salesforce administrator, performing business analysis, and project management, ideally for a non-profit organization.
- Salesforce administrator certification required; other certifications a huge plus.
- Experience with any of these tools is a plus but not required: Pardot, Zapier, Callhub, Gravity Forms, CapitolCanary, Salesforce Maps.
- Able to work remotely: thrive in an environment where you can work independently but also in conjunction with cross-functional teams.
- Exhibit curiosity: to know more about the why and how users are actually using the systems we build for them.
- User-centered: strive to make our users’ work easier/more effective and deliver solutions that put the user’s needs front and center.
- Approachable: our users should feel happy to ask us questions, tell us when something is slowing them down, and seek our help.
- Organized: love to make plans, track projects and work through our task queue.
- Problem-solver: enjoy the puzzle-like aspect of solving hard problems and approaching a problem from multiple viewpoints until we have a solution.
- Self-motivated: excited to take on tasks, and willing to innovate rather than stick to the status quo.
Why We Love SUN
- Salary range of $60,000-$75,000 per year
- Fun, remote work environment
- Flexible work hours
- Generous paid leave policy
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- $1,000/year professional development stipend
- $50/month phone and internet stipend
- 401(k) retirement account with match after 1 year
- Meaningful, impactful work
- Our vision and mission
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page by end of day April 13, 2023. Include your resume and cover letter with explanation of what you would bring to this job.