Business Administration Manager
Type of Job
$55,000 - $65,000
Jun 27, 2023
About the job
At the heart of CVNM is our dedicated team of people who hold deeply shared values for protecting our democracy and our environment. Our organizational culture is one that embraces continual learning around our commitment to equity, and to advocacy informed by our communities living on the front lines of drought, wildfires, floods, and other ravages of climate change. Our diverse board and staff bring a deep well of expertise and lived experience to the organization. Together, we are focused on connecting people to their political power, electing leaders who will act on climate, and advancing policies that protect our air, land, water, wildlife, and the health of our people.
At CVNM, we are committed to caring for our exceptional team while attracting talented new staff people with a broad range of expertise to join us in this monumental fight to solve the climate crisis. We strive to give our hardworking team what they need to achieve fulfilling work/life harmony. We offer the highest standard of health and wellness benefits and paid time off, including a merit-based sabbatical program. In recent years, we have also expanded our organizational structure to offer more pathways and opportunities for career advancement in advocacy, campaigns, operations, philanthropy, communications, and equity and culture. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to check out our current job openings.
The Business Administration Manager works with the Sr. Director of Finance & HR to manage the administrative, accounting, operations, scheduling, and overall internal functioning of our office. The Business Manager also provides administrative support for the Executive Director and Deputy Director including compiling reports, filing, scheduling, making travel arrangements and other duties as needed.
Come make a difference with us!
The role of the Business Administration Manager is to manage the administrative, accounting, operations, scheduling, and overall internal functioning of our offices. The Business Administration Manager oversees the implementation of CVNM’s operational, administrative, and financial systems in order to support organizational goals, and with CVNM senior management and the executive team to institute procedures to ensure effective business operations. The Business Manager also provides administrative support for the Executive Director and Deputy Director including compiling reports, filing, scheduling, making travel arrangements and other duties as needed. The Business Manager must be committed to our mission and values of authentic community and stakeholder engagement in policy work, and equitable opportunities that promote race equity, diversity, and inclusion. CVNM staff incorporate these values into our day-to-day systems and work. The vision of CVNM & CVNMEF is for a New Mexico where decision-makers and public policies represent the conservation values of our people. Our mission is to connect the people of New Mexico to their political power to protect our air, land, and water for a healthy Land of Enchantment. We do this by mobilizing voters, helping candidates win elections, holding elected officials accountable, and advancing responsible public policies.
The Business Administration Manager reports to the Sr Director of Finance & HR and will be responsible for additional duties that may arise, as assigned.
- Manages financial processes, planning, tracking, systems and controls.
- Supports other staff members in tracking their financial expenditures.
- Manages office operations and upkeep; filing systems, and maintains office supplies and inventory.
- Oversees technology, phone systems, and office equipment; including all related equipment acquisition, maintenance and repair.
- Manages preparation and planning for board meetings including preparing financials, board books and materials, venue rentals, and food and beverage needs.
- Tracks all files and contracts for contractors and vendors.
- Assist senior management and the executive team in administering and tracking employee benefits such as health insurance, expense and mileage reimbursements, etc.
- Provides reporting, filing and other tasks as assigned by Senior Leadership and the Executive Team.
- Will be responsible for overseeing the donor database and office server, cataloging and organizing information, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Oversees various financial, HR, and donor/fundraising databases and ensures data integrity.
- Qualified candidates will possess a four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Candidates must be attentive to detail and capable of making quick, informed decisions.
- Demonstrated competency in financial management.
- Approaches changing deadlines or priorities with flexibility and professionalism.
- A team player who is comfortable managing several responsibilities and helping in other areas as needed.
- Strong computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and QuickBooks. Experience with Google Workspace is a plus.
- The ideal candidate would be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively as a member of a team, with the discretion required to implement the core responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A belief that who we elect matters and that the protection of New Mexico’s land, air, water, wildlife, and communities should be a political priority.
- Adherance to CVNM’s COVID policy.
- Experience working with financial tracking systems, and implementing financial controls.
- Experience with database management
- Experience working with and safeguarding confidential information.
The Business Administration Manager is a full time employee and is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience. This is a full-time exempt salaried position. CVNM also offers a 4-day 35 hour baseline work-week, benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, a retirement package, and health, dental, and vision coverage.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with “Business Administration Manager” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please. Candidates from historically underrepresented or disenfranchised backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.