ASSOCIATE MANAGER FOR EDUCATION OPERATIONS
New York City
Type of Job
Dec 5, 2022
About the job
ASSOCIATE MANAGER FOR EDUCATION OPERATIONS
Urban Green Council’s education programs are the go-to resource for the region’s building sustainability community: architects, engineers, contractors, tradespeople, policymakers, nonprofit leaders, energy consultants, and building owners and operators. Over 4,000 people annually attend our educational courses and programs about climate policy, green technologies, advancements in building practices, and changes to codes. Many of these programs are an important income source for the organization, with revenue of over $650k annually.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Education, the Associate Manager for Education Operations will play a key role in growing earned revenue by managing the grant and contracting process and related reporting, and assisting with business development.
This will be a largely remote position, but applicants must live in the greater NYC region and attend regular in person meetings and events. All Urban Green staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
A PERSON WHO WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Has strong written and interpersonal communication skills and excels at developing successful grant proposals that include coordinating multiple collaborators, subcontractors, and subject matter experts.
- Is detail-oriented and can accurately track and manage grant/contract reporting, revenue projections, and budgets.
- Enjoys collaborating with program staff to synthesize ideas for projects that align with our mission and earn revenue.
- Excels at thinking creatively on how to market to and engage our base of partners and clients including corporations, unions, nonprofits, educational institutions and workforce development organizations.
- Possesses excellent project management, leadership and collaboration skills; a problem-solver who thrives in small companies. They anticipate roadblocks and potential problems and develop a plan to address them.
- Genuine enthusiasm about sustainability and values building long-term industry relationships and connecting with our audience to better understand the types of programming we should develop.
A FEW OTHER QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR INCLUDE:
- Thorough understanding of Urban Green’s mission and priorities, and the ability to convey this knowledge in a compelling way in written and verbal communication with partners, clients, donors, and members.
- At least four years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or administration.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of green building is highly preferable.
- Work with the Education team to develop and execute an Education Plan with clear financial goals and milestones, and identify business development opportunities to grow earned revenue.
- Work with the Development Manager to identify potential grant opportunities.
- Manage the pipeline of potential opportunities across the education department including developing relationships with potential partners, clients, and subcontractors.
- Work with the Education team to develop grant proposals.
- Manage grant and RFP application process and ongoing reporting and invoicing.
- Work with the Education Outreach & Delivery Coordinator to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with current and potential partners and clients, and help develop materials to support marketing activities.
- Oversee grant funded training program, including managing a full-time dedicated Program Coordinator.
- Work with the Operations team to provide monthly and annual financial reporting, and revenue projections.
- Manage processes related to Education Department goals, planning, and strategy.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000. Offers will be made commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- 100% employee coverage for medical and dental
- 401k with automatic 4% employer contribution
- 15 vacation days in the first year, 8 paid holidays, and 2 personal days
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Early closure on Fridays during the summer
- 100% employee coverage for Life, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please fill out this application form. After submitting your application, you can expect to hear from our hiring team regarding their decision within a few weeks. You may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, but applications received by email will not be reviewed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Urban Green Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Urban Green’s Organizational Values
- Excellence: We strive for innovative high-quality programs and ideas.
- Inclusion: The diverse voices and backgrounds of our employees, board of directors, members, and partners make us stronger.
- Collaboration: We believe consensus delivers better solutions and teamwork is essential to our success.
- Engagement: We promote a culture of performance, participation, and curiosity.