Associate Logistics Manager
Type of Job
$3,000 - $3,700/monthly
Oct 26, 2022
About the job
The Associate Logistics Manager (ALM) is integral to the High Sierra Management Team and overall day-to-day wilderness program management. The ALM is a role model and mentor within the High Sierra community, providing daily leadership, administrative support, and management of the High Sierra basecamp and programs. The Associate Logistics Manager (ALM) reports to the Logistics Manager to support the Program Team in the overall logistical management of Outward Bound California’s High Sierra program.
Areas of oversight include: logistics scheduling, logistics staff supervision, equipment acquisition and management, driving, vehicle coordination, inventory management, and food program. This opportunity is perfect for the detail-oriented leader looking to work at a mission-driven organization within a tight-knit team and community during peak program season!
To apply and read the full job description, please visit our website.
Who We Are
Outward Bound California (OBCA) is a non-profit that uses challenging experiences in outdoor settings to create social-emotional learning opportunities for our students. We offer a wide range of programs, including multi-day rock climbing and backpacking courses in the High Sierra. We work with students aged 12+ (including adults). OBCA is committed to increasing access for those that have traditionally been excluded from outdoor spaces. We do this, in part, through our 40+ community partnerships and by offering partial or full scholarships to over 2/3 of our students. We are also committed to reflecting the diverse communities with whom we work and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying folks, and women to apply.
Compensation & Schedule
- This is an exempt, seasonal salaried position of approximately 6.5 months in length, tentatively scheduled March 20th - Sep 30th
- Monthly salary ranges from $3,000 - $3,700, depending on experience.
- Rustic housing is provided with access to communal bathrooms and kitchen. Food is provided while on contract on base.
- Pro Deal, the opportunity to purchase outdoor gear at discounted rates
- Professional development funds
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free of charge for staff and family members
- Seasonal employees receive 56 hours (7 days) of paid sick time upon hire or at the beginning of each calendar year
This position is located at our High Sierra program base in Midpines, California, in the Sierra Nevada foothills 30 miles east of Yosemite National Park. The basecamp has a main building with an office, warehouse, commercial kitchen, program gear sheds, and weather port living quarters (durable fabric structures).