Associate I, Pew Marine Fellows Program (Hybrid)
Washington Dist. Columbia, 20001 United States
Type of Job
Commensurate with Experience.
Oct 31, 2022
About the job
The Research and Science Portfolio in Program
Pew's research and science portfolio (R&S) supports and produces rigorous, relevant, and objective research and reporting which is fundamental to the success of the organization and to stakeholders and decision-makers around the world. The portfolio works with teams across the institution to help ensure all Pew's research is methodologically sound, accurate, and high-quality and serves as a centralized hub within Pew for specialized research and technical skills. Research and science manages Pew's scientific grants and fellowship programs which support innovative biomedical research and marine science. The portfolio also includes projects that provide valuable research and information to decision-makers and the public, support a culture of evidence, and build bridges between researchers and stakeholders.
The Pew Fellows Program in Marine Conservation (PMF) provides three-year fellowships to scientists and other experts to support original, research-based marine conservation projects. The program invests in mid-career scientists to generate high-quality research that informs decisions related to ocean health. Since the 1990s, the program has supported almost 200 fellows. Alumni and current fellows are invited to an annual meeting to build collaborations and foster a community of conservation-oriented scientists focused on bringing data and research to bear on ocean protection. The program also hosts training workshops and provides support for new fellows to strengthen the connections between their research and conservation policy and practice. More information about the program is at www.pewmarinefellows.org.
The associate I supports all aspects of the Pew Marine Fellows program, including nomination and selection of fellows, grants administration, meeting planning, and tracking program outcomes. Reporting to the senior officer, the associate I manages a variety of record-keeping systems with the opportunity to standardize processes specific to program needs and analyze information. They also support the planning and implementation of program events, including a multi-day annual meeting. The associate I coordinates with other departments, including Pew IT, finance, and conference and event services. The associate I also engages with program applicants, Pew marine fellows, and alumni.
The position is based in Pew's Washington, DC office and is eligible for up to 60% telework.
- Foster a work environment that is inclusive, equitable, diverse, and in line with Pew's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive program records using relevant software and propose modifications to data infrastructure as appropriate.
- Identify and implement opportunities to analyze, share, or visualize data collected by the Pew Marine Fellows program, including to inform improvements to program activities.
- Assist in planning and implementing in-person and online convenings, including a large annual meeting, by managing logistics and participating in agenda development.
- Support the management of the fellowship selection cycle and fellowship grants.
- Develop strong, collegial relationships with Pew fellows and alumni.
- Participate in activities that support program and Pew-wide objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of applicable work experience.
- Time- and project-management skills, including coordinating multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Enthusiasm about attention to detail when tracking information and keeping records.
- Willingness to engage in operational work.
- Strong software skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
Key attributes and preferred experience
- An interest in working on conservation or other environmental issues. International experience is a plus.
- Analytical skills, including experience with managing data and synthesizing information.
- Experience with database software. Knowledge of Qualtrics or NVivo a plus.
- Proactive in ensuring accuracy.
- Comfort in building rapport and developing productive relationships with internal staff and external constituents.
This position may involve occasional domestic and international travel to meetings and conferences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/mXk1d8c54OOq6uQpnfr4LM