Associate Director, Water and Climate Finance
United States, remote position
Type of Job
100,000 - 120,000
Aug 14, 2023
About the job
Associate Director, Water and Climate Finance
Location: Remote-first position
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures designs, capitalizes, and scales investible solutions to address the most pressing challenges facing people and communities. Through consulting, project development, due diligence, and structuring, we build sustainable revenue models and simplify access to impact capital for solutions that drive true environmental and social change. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation and operate in two complimentary groups:
- Environment and Resilience
- Health and Human Services
This position is part of Quantified Ventures’ (QV) Water and Climate Finance team, which specializes in four areas:
- State Revolving Fund (SRF) Solutions: Facilitate SRF investment for small, rural, and under-resourced communities. Provide subject matter expertise, technical assistance, training, and strategy to help government, non-profit, and for-profits to utilize the SRFs to drive transformational change in complex environmental challenges.
- SRF Watershed Coordinator (WSC) Solutions: Help watershed and conservation groups source projects and connect their local water utilities to SRF dollars.
- Climate Finance Solutions: Support Green Banks to structure environmental finance mechanisms that increase investment in environmental infrastructure. We identify how the influx in climate financing and funding can be tied to greater investments in nature-based solutions to maximize climate benefits.
- Water Resources Management: Address water quantity issues in the western United States, develop financial innovations around onsite wastewater needs, advance novel and investible approaches to water management solutions, and drive environmental justice for manufactured home communities through identification, financing, and implementation of water infrastructure projects.
About the Position
QV’s Water and Climate Finance team is looking for an Associate Director with a passion for helping marginalized and underserved communities navigate the pathways of public funding. This is a rare opportunity to lead engagement and deliver technical assistance with multiple states as they prioritize historic amounts of federal funding while navigating confusing requirements for new and existing grant and loan programs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong passion for enhancing stormwater, wastewater, and drinking water systems
- Understand and have experience in the water and climate finance sectors
- Have a background in leading stakeholder engagement and program development
- Bring team leadership and staff management skills
- Embrace the concepts of innovation and our role as innovators
- Enjoy both going into the weeds to figure out how funding and financing programs work and understanding the “big picture” to apply funding/financing to broader project types
- Enjoy working directly with communities and stakeholders to overcome unique project challenges
The Associate Director will join the QV Water and Climate Finance team that comprises environmental finance experts that seek to bring solutions to our toughest environmental challenges by working at the nexus of community health, equity, finance, and resilience. It’s important to us to bring an equity lens to our work, as is the diversity of our team - across race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
- Lead engagement with EPA Environmental Finance Centers in delivering SRF technical assistance to communities in their region
- Serve as a thought leader on developing new and innovative financing approaches for nature-based solutions
- Lead the development of research and develop new tools and resources to increase stakeholder engagement around accessing public funding and financing for water infrastructure
- Collaborate with the SRF Solutions Lead in analyzing key loan structures and financial planning for potential infrastructure projects
- Support financing applications for key municipal and state partners and research potential state and federal infrastructure grant programs
- Work closely with the Water Climate and Finance team on a broad range of projects and business development opportunities
Quantified Ventures is a creative, supportive, and collaborative environment. Our work is focused on developing and financing solutions that improve the health and wellbeing of all people and our planet.
We seek candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Entrepreneurial experience starting up new programs or initiatives
- Knowledge across multiple disciplines (e.g., finance, law, and policy) and environmental infrastructure (e.g., land conservation, agriculture, water)
- Passion for advancing the field of water and climate finance by developing innovative funding and financing models to access SRFs
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast paced team environment
- Experience designing and leading programs with diverse stakeholders
- Experience working with environmental infrastructure issues, regulations, or markets at the local, state and federal government levels
- Experience supervising staff and working across departments is preferred
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong writing, research, critical thinking, and analytical skills
Required Education and Expertise
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, political science, business administration, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in project development or technical assistance with municipal water finance with preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience with the Clean Water or Drinking Water SRF (public or private sector) or experience in similar public funding programs
- Experience working with and facilitating collaborative outcomes with various stakeholder groups in environmental infrastructure design and project development
Position Location Requirements
Though this position is remote-first, the Associate Director is expected to join in-person meetings as required. Candidates should anticipate approximately 10% travel time throughout the year.
Salary and Benefits
This position has a base salary range of $100,000-$120,000 per year. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education, and applicability to the QV mission.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) with a generous employer match, and competitive leave allowances.