Associate Director, Outdoor Economy
Flexible, with preference for Washington, DC metro region
Type of Job
commensurate with experience
Dec 28, 2022
About the job
Location: Flexible, with a preference for Washington, DC metro region
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.
Quantified Ventures is proud to be a certified B Corporation. We believe in the power of doing business for good, and good business.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures designs, capitalizes, and scales investible solutions to address the most pressing challenges facing communities. We work with pioneers and change makers to catalyze impact for the greater good by pulling the levers of data, finance, innovation, partnerships, and policy to develop bold solutions that produce verified environmental and social outcomes.
Through a process of consulting, development, due diligence, and structuring, we build sustainable revenue models and simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions that drive true social change. By facilitating the deployment of capital to environmental initiatives and social enterprises that are demonstrating positive impact, we are building capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
We operate in two groups:
- Environment and Resilience
- Health and Human Services
Quantified Ventures is developing a growing portfolio of work focused on structuring and securing funding for outdoor recreation initiatives. We work with federal land managers and other partners in developing recreation infrastructure projects that drive economic development along with a range of other social, health, and environmental outcomes. We enable the success of these projects by creating or supporting regional governance structures (such as a council of governments), developing project revenue streams, identifying funding sources, building stakeholder support by quantifying community benefits, and securing funding from a mix of grants, appropriations, and private financing.
The Associate Director will play a leadership role in delivering and further developing our outdoor recreation / rural economic development portfolio of work. Example projects include supporting our partnership with REI and the USDA Forest Service (USFS) in developing outdoor recreation assets on and around National Forests. The goal of this partnership is to continue demonstrating the potential of conservation finance to accelerate the pace and scale of outdoor recreation projects that enhance and diversify recreation economies while improving communities' physical and natural infrastructure.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Client Delivery: Serve as Project Manager on multiple client engagements
-- Lead project scope definition
-- Create the workplans and activities for multiple workstreams to achieve objectives; manage project team
-- Oversee team research, problem solving, and solution design
-- Develop program budgets, cost-benefit analyses, and financial models
-- Lead development of materials for engagement with funders, partners, and other key stakeholders
-- Build trusted relationships with clients and partners; manage external stakeholder relationships to achieve project objectives
-- Represent QV with external partners; provide main point of accountability for project deliverables and recommendations
-- Facilitate key aspects of the client delivery process, including time and resource budgeting, timeline management, deliverable preparation, invoice and expenses accuracy oversight, and contract management.
-- Develop policy recommendations to support agency interventions and identify best practices from around the country
- Business Development: Support attainment of new project opportunities through market research, proposal writing, leveraging client delivery success, and engagement with prospective clients and partners.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative consulting environment that keeps client’s needs front and center. We seek entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to impact, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team develop innovative solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing our communities.
Our work is focused on developing and financing solutions that improve the health and wellbeing of all people and our planet. Strong equity skills and analysis are important to our work, as is the diversity of our team - across race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
More specifically, we seek candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, political science, business administration, or a related field. A graduate degree (MBA, MPA/MPP, MS, MA, or MEM) is preferred.
- At least 6 years of professional experience, including 3 years in leadership roles developing and advancing outdoor recreation initiatives; for example, as part of a land conservation organization, federal government land management agency, state or local government parks & recreation division or economic development department, or a private company with products and services in the outdoor recreation economy.
- Demonstrated interest in Quantified Ventures’ mission and an eagerness to advance economic development objectives through conservation and outdoor recreation.
- Knowledge of or experience working with public funding, conservation finance, regulations, or markets at the local, state, and federal government levels.
- Ability to work with and align external stakeholders including strong facilitation, negotiation, coordination skills, and project management skills.
- Experience translating complex data / information into actionable, understandable recommendations and guidance for leadership teams.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects, and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to express contrary views and seek consensus against other priorities such as time and budget constraints.
- Willingness to travel, as required, to meet with clients and partners.
- An ability to bring humor, curiosity, joy, and humility into this groundbreaking work.
Please apply online at https://www.quantifiedventures.com/associate-director-outdoor-recreation-economy
Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed on a rolling basis.