Washington DC or San Francisco Bay Area
Type of Job
$70,000 - $90,000
Jun 9, 2023
About the job
Atlas Public Policy is looking for a qualified Associate Developer to join our exciting policy tech firm. Atlas equips businesses and policymakers to make strategic, data-informed decisions that serve the public interest. We build analytical tools, dashboards, and visualizations using powerful, accessible technology, and offer expert advisory and convening services to tackle the pressing issues of today.
A qualified person must be sharp, passionate, and capable of adapting to the evolving demands at Atlas. This position can be based in Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA. Staff in DC are following a hybrid work model and those based in the Bay Area are currently following a work-from-home model.
Atlas’s core customers are involved in the climate policy space, including public agencies from all levels of government, leading climate advocates in the non-profit sector, and top companies working on clean energy technology. Our work includes cutting edge research and development on critical climate-related policy issues, products that equip stakeholders with actionable information on clean energy markets, and strategic advising to key leaders in the climate space.
Atlas began in 2015 and has grown with increasing demand from our core set of public interest-focused customers. We engage all our staff in internal strategy development, and believe in work-life balance, career development, and cohesive team-oriented work.
Being a small company, our data staff are involved in all aspects of development. We expect the person in this role to be able to switch between building dashboards, websites, and occasionally backend databases.
- Bring advanced data analytics tools to a non-technical audience through Atlas products like Hamilton, EV Hub, and Buildings Hub.
- Design and build intuitive, data-rich dashboards for a broad set of audiences with a focus on user experience.
- Build custom visualizations that go beyond the out-of-the-box functionality provided by Atlas’s dashboarding software.
- Own the development and maintenance of all Atlas product websites.
- Assist in maintaining existing technical infrastructure through tasks like proactive monitoring, debugging website and dashboard related failures, and updating technical documentation.
- Participate in and present at meetings with clients and other organizations actively working with Atlas.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field, but can substitute with relevant experience.
- At least one year of experience working with SQL databases and business intelligence / reporting.
- At least one year of work experience in front end web development.
- At least one year of experience with scripting languages such as Python, R, and/or Power Query/M.
- Strong interest in developing data-driven visualizations and dashboards.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
- Ambitious, self-directed, but knows when to pause and seek assistance.
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or other U.S. work authorization (please specify details in your application. Atlas does not offer sponsorship for permanent residency).
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Time Commitment: Full time
Compensation: Annual salary of $70,000-$90,000 and generous benefits (health insurance, vacation, and retirement).
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.