Associate, Energy Sector - Market Research and Customer Insights Practice (2022-2184)
Arlington, Virginia; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Portland, OR
Type of Job
Commensurate on experience
Jan 28, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks an Associate to join its Energy Sector. Associates are expected to manage and conduct primary and secondary research on behalf of Cadmus’ energy clients (primarily utilities and administrators of energy efficiency programs). Associates will be responsible for managing projects, executing research tasks, analyzing the results of market research, and creating written reports on the findings.
Associates should have professional experience in program evaluation, social science research methods, and/or energy efficiency or sustainability. They should also be highly motivated to perform and learn, be able to work collaboratively and independently, manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with minimal input from supervisors, and have exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills. We are looking for candidates with strong market research skills who have demonstrated a commitment to energy justice – the right to accessible and affordable energy services for at-risk populations or underserved communities. The ideal candidate will support Cadmus in offering client solutions that keep equity at the center of clean energy transformation.
- High-quality management and oversight of Cadmus market research projects (activities include surveys, interviews, focus groups, literature review) including data collection tool development and refinement, survey and interview data analysis, and synthesis of research findings and development of actionable recommendations for client consideration
- Project delivery including ensuring all deliverables in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel formats meet Cadmus standards and exceed client expectations
- Essential project management activities including budget tracking, invoicing, project planning, staff balancing, and resource management
- Nurturing and building existing client relationships as a primary point of contact. Providing clear and consistent communications on projects and raising any concerns or issues
- Active communication with and coordination of project teams, providing constructive feedback and managing expectations
- Developing detailed reports and presentations of results, findings, methodologies, and data sources, in addition to providing clear, actionable recommendations to clients
- Ongoing communication with Cadmus Energy Services leadership and support teams, including accounting, accounts payable, contracts, and operations regarding the health and status of all projects and tasks
- Active participation in the ideation and execution of business development activities, including cultivating existing client relationships to expand existing work and supporting Cadmus in creating proposals
- Communicate professionally (oral and written) with colleagues and clients, in varying time zones
- Industry experience in market research, energy efficiency, utilities, environmental justice, equity program design and/or evaluation
- Experience in, passion for, or commitment to topics such as diversity, equity, inclusion, racial, social, and economic disparities.
- Six to eight years of experience managing or leading research or planning projects that include both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, the social sciences, environmental studies, or a related field
- Experience conducting social science research, including interviews, surveys, focus groups, and/or literature reviews
- Experience conducting market research in service of diverse populations (e.g., low-income, at-risk, underserved communities, communities of color)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Some domestic travel may be required (typically no more than 30%)
- Prior consulting experience working independently to make decisions
- Staff management and development experience
- Business development (including proposal management and response) experience
- Experience using Qualtrics, FocusVision, and/or DeDoose
- Demonstrated analytical skills using statistical and analytical software (e.g., Python, SAS, SPSS, R, Excel)
- Focus group facilitation experience a plus
This position is open to any of Cadmus’ offices, including Portland, Oregon; Atlanta, Georgia; Arlington, Virginia; and Boston, Massachusetts.
Candidates who prefer remote work opportunities will also be considered.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com