Analyst, Justice & Equity
Type of Job
$57,000 - $65,000 USD/Yr.
May 12, 2023
About the job
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Analyst, Justice & Equity will support the Justice & Equity (J&E) team and other Mission Areas across EDF by conducting research and analysis efforts with an equity lens on a broad range of topics, thus supporting the organization’s ability to produce more equitable and effective outcomes. The position is housed within EDF’s Justice and Equity team, reporting to a senior member of the team, and will collaborate extensively across EDF.
- Perform timely in-house research and analysis to support J&E senior staff and other EDF Mission Areas throughout the organization.
- Interface with a wide range of EDF experts across the organization and leverage their work and expertise to develop insights and recommendations that EDF can use to further integrate environmental and climate justice into its work.
- Build and maintain knowledge on a range of topics related to environmental and climate justice. These may include: the global just energy transition, health equity, carbon markets, critical minerals, international climate financial transfers, and more.
- Help write reports and academic papers summarizing research for a broader audience, along with public communications, including presentations and blog posts.
- Prepare information to respond to inquiries from a variety of stakeholders.
- Help organize workshops on topics related to environmental and climate justice, including conducting background research, drafting background materials, and synthesizing workshop outcomes.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities among staff members.
- Respond to "rapid-response" queries relating to environmental and climate justice as needed.
- Participating in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years relevant professional experience, or Master’s-level graduate degree with 0-1 years of experience (the degree requirement may be waived altogether for a candidate who can successfully demonstrate commensurate professional experience along with excellence in their past roles).
- Knowledge of environmental and climate justice concepts and topics.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office productivity software.
- Excellent research and analytical skills and an interest in performing rigorous research in support of highly visible work.
- Willingness to take initiative and able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Independent judgment and ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
- Experience balancing the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of multi-disciplinary teams in a dynamic, fast-paced and creative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including internationally.
- Ability to support a multi-disciplinary team, using independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and the knowledge, attitude, behavior, and skills that lead to a culturally competent workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued self-assessment, learning, and growth to increase and broaden culturally competent skillsets that produce effective interactions with people across diverse cultures and backgrounds. This includes the ability to adapt to cultural change.
Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. You can also include writing samples (optional) that may support your candidacy.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
$57,000 - $65,000 USD/Yr.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/analyst-justice-equity