Analysis and Operations Assistant
Type of Job
May 18, 2021
About the job
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an Analysis and Operations Assistant to join our Denver-based team.
In this role you will support the administrative and operational backbone of our work in farming, food production, conservation, and climate change across our projects. You will frequently collaborate with other members of our team, along with field project team members and partners. You will report directly to the Food and Farm Senior Coordinator.
We seek qualified candidates who identify with the descriptions below, with experiences and skills that will nourish our team and culture, and contribute to our growing impact –
- Inspired – by the current work that we do, while also excited to contribute to our continued growth and evolution.
- Committed – to making a tangible positive impact in food systems, conservation, equity and climate change.
- Analytical – derives joy from math as well as the process of building tools that facilitate analysis of operations and investments. Proficient with the construction and use of financial models.
- Organizer – enjoys building organizational systems and project management tools (Gantt charts, Trello, etc.) to help organize team members and projects.
- Flexible – open to working in variety of settings, from touring a farm in work clothes and boots to donning a button up shirt for a meeting with stakeholders.
- Technology skilled – proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel, as well as CRM tools.
- Relationship focused – committed and excited to be vulnerable and invest in relationship building with our team and project partners.
You will be expected to:
· Support the accounting, bookkeeping, and administrative processes on projects
· Support the preparation and completion of various legal documents, i.e., contracts, agreements, etc.
· Develop and maintain project management tools (i.e., Gantt charts, task lists, etc.)
· Arrange for, and participate in project meetings by preparing presentations, developing meeting agendas, documenting discussion, and reporting out next steps
Project Operations and Analysis:
· Gather, research and organize data to support project level operations and analyses
· Assist in maintaining project cash flow forecasting tools and reporting on cash flow position
· Support project managers to track budget performance and maintain budget constraints
· Support the annual budgeting process for current projects by researching key assumptions, evaluating historic performance, and forecasting future needs
· Assist with composition associated with business planning, and investor reporting
· Travel to project sites as needed (15% of time or less)
· Assist with proforma financial model development, analysis, and general due diligence activities, etc.
Office and General Team Support:
· Manage the quarterly and annual reporting processes to BLC investors, including reporting on financial performance, and distributing tax documents
· Generate monthly BLC invoices and manage billing process for all projects and consulting clients
· Contribute to research on food, ecosystems, agriculture, and other project opportunity related topics
· Edit and support development of various materials, including investor communications, proposals, consulting contracts, etc.
· Support additional office administration as needed
We recognize that excellence and potential are expressed differently for different people. If our team and our work excite you, we hope you will share with us your experiences and skill set that you feel would qualify you to make a contribution as the Analysis and Operations Assistant.
Please email your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Analysis and Operations Assistant”. Applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Your application should include:
- A resume, link to updated LinkedIn profile (optional), and three professional references
- A cover letter that includes a short description of why you and Bio-Logical Capital are a cultural knit and how you meet the qualifications for the role
For more information on our company, please visit www.biologicalcapital.com.