Agricultural Program Assistant
California. Remote employee, office not provided.
Type of Job
Apr 28, 2023
About the job
Agricultural Program Assistant
Pollinator Partnership (P2) is looking for a motivated and organized professional who possesses the skills to assist in coordinating the Bee Friendly Farming program and managing multiple large agricultural grant programs. This candidate should be a detailed and team-oriented professional, have a strong work ethic, and be committed to the mission and values of P2. The successful candidate should be interested in pollinator conservation and agriculture.
About Pollinator Partnership:
Pollinator Partnership is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and restore populations of pollinator species. As world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to the preservation of the birds, bees, butterflies, beetles, and bats, P2 plays a key role in preserving terrestrial ecosystems, promoting agricultural productivity, and enhancing local communities through pollinator-centered work. P2 has been actively supporting the conservation and protection of pollinators throughout North America since 1996. A multifaceted approach using original science; habitat preservation and creation; policy outreach; and public education has helped us achieve our goals in pollinator conservation. For more information, visit www.pollinator.org.
About Bee Friendly Farming:
Bee Friendly Farming (BFF) is a program that provides guidelines for farmers and growers interested in promoting pollinator health on their lands. BFF is about making positive, incremental changes on farms to support healthy pollinators and pollinator habitat. Becoming BFF Certified is affordable and simple, and the seven easy steps in becoming a certified farm include offering nutrition and habitat for pollinators and implementing integrated pest management strategies. BFF also incorporates science-based, sustainable guidelines that make farms and their associated product stand out to consumers. Since 2020, Bee Friendly Farming has certified over 200,000 acres of farmland, including over 65,000 acres of pollinator forage. Learn more at https://www.pollinator.org/bff.
• Assist Director of Bee Friendly Farming as needed.
• Assist with the coordination of multiple large, multi-year grant programs including enrollment of landowners, distribution of funds, reporting and contract management.
• Promotion of the Bee Friendly Farming program managing the certification of new members and support for existing members.
• Schedule, coordinate, and take notes for meetings.
• Work with the BFF task force group on program activities and participate in monthly meetings
• Coordinate and work directly with program key staff, conservation stakeholders, and sponsors
• Represent P2/BFF at conferences, workshops, and meetings, giving presentations about the program with the goal of increasing landowner engagement
• Grant writing/development opportunity: research, write, and report for BFF program grants and activities
• Collaborate with federal and state agencies, such as NRCS and US Fish and Wildlife
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Business, or Communications, Sociology, or equivalent professional experience
• Strong planning, implementation, and multitasking skills
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong organizational and communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel (in-state) for possible large projects and meetings. Access to personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
• Experience working with agricultural producers and a good understanding of farm operations
• Pollinator biology, conservation, and research experience (including native and managed bees, butterflies including monarchs, and other pollinators)
• Habitat restoration including plant ecology, site preparations, habitat installation, and maintenance
• Development, fundraising, and grant writing experience
• Bilingual (Spanish, English)
Compensation: $45,000 – $50,000. This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. A full benefits package will be provided. Local travel and expenses will be reimbursed.
Location: California. Remote employee, office not provided.
To Apply: Interested candidates should combine their cover letter, resume, and 3 references into one PDF using the following naming convention “Last Name_First Name_Ag Assistant” and apply by filling out the form at this link: https://form.jotform.com/231106543041138 by May 19th, 2023.
No phone calls please.
Pollinator Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. Pollinator Partnership offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.