Type of Job
Oct 6, 2023
About the job
Come join our admin team in the High Sierra to support our backpacking and rock climbing programs for youth! We are hiring for a Program Manager and Associate Logistics Manager. Apply and learn more on our website.
Compensation & Schedule
- This is an exempt, seasonal salaried position of approximately 6 months of full-time work, tentatively scheduled April 1st - Sept 30th
- Monthly salary range starts from $3,350 - $3,800, depending on positon and experience
- Rustic housing is provided with access to communal bathrooms and kitchen. Food is also provided during the season
- OBCA offers a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance with employer contribution, PTO, long-term disability and life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), and 401(k) plan after 1 year from start date
- Pro Deal, the opportunity to purchase outdoor gear at discounted rates
This position is located at our High Sierra program base in Midpines, California, in the Sierra Nevada foothills 30 miles east of Yosemite National Park. High summer temperatures can reach 80-100+ degrees Fahrenheit. The basecamp has a main building with an office, warehouse, and commercial kitchen. Other buildings throughout include administrative and field staff housing and communal areas.
Who We Are
Outward Bound California (OBCA) is a non-profit that uses challenging experiences in outdoor settings to create social-emotional learning opportunities for our students. We are a part of the Outward Bound USA network of outdoor education programs, with a 50-year history in the US, serving over 40,000 students annually.
We offer a wide range of programs, from 1-day experiences on our San Francisco Challenge Course to multi-day rock climbing and backpacking courses in the High Sierra and Joshua Tree. We work with students aged 12+ (including adults & veterans). OBCA is committed to increasing access for those who have traditionally been excluded from outdoor spaces. We do this, in part, through our 40+ community partnerships and by offering partial or full scholarships to over 2/3 of our students.
Check out what our staff and students have to say about our High Sierra programs in this video.
Equity and Inclusion Statement
We believe that all people should have safe access to the outdoors and culturally relevant and responsive educational programming. OBCA is also striving to create an equitable and inclusive internal culture where all staff members feel represented and honored for their identities and lived experiences. We examine how power, bias, race and other aspects of identity impact our organization. We work to build a culture where we are always learning and improving toward a vision for equity and belonging for all staff. We are looking for team members who can actively join us in this process. We are also committed to reflecting the diverse communities with whom we work and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying folks, and women to apply.