Type of Job
$20/hour. 20 hours/week.
Apr 16, 2021
About the job
PennFuture’s mission is to lead the transition to a clean energy economy in Pennsylvania and beyond. We protect our air, water, and land, and empower residents to build sustainable communities for future generations. Working throughout the Commonwealth, PennFuture’s team of attorneys, policy experts, organizers, communications specialists, and advocates watchdog against polluters and environmental injustices, educate the public, and advance pro-environment policies.
PennFuture is headquartered in Harrisburg, PA and has four additional regional offices around the state. We are looking for effective and timely administrative support to facilitate our internal organizational operations.
To help support these operations, PennFuture seeks a part-time Administrative Manager for its headquarters in Harrisburg. The position will assist with many administrative needs and processes, including executive, operations, development, and facilities issues central to the organization, such as:
- Board of Director relations and communications
- Governance administration
- Bookkeeping processes and record keeping
- Processing of membership mail
- Harrisburg building and facilities management
- Human resources
- Occasional administrative support for the President/CEO and the Executive Vice President/Chief of Staff (EVP/COS)
- Other activities as directed by the Senior Director of Operations
Our ideal candidate will have multiple years of experience supporting a range of organizational administrative needs. The position requires discretion and confidentiality as it relates to sensitive business and information, especially around executive communications, operations, and human resources. The Administrative Manager must be highly organized and respond quickly to administrative needs as they arise.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE
PennFuture knows that in order to achieve our mission, we need to ensure that all Pennsylvanians have equitable access to clean air, clean water, a stable climate, and a clean and sustainable economy. We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organizational culture, policies, practices, and programs. Like the environmental and conservation movement writ large, we have historically fallen short in our efforts to build a truly equitable Pennsylvania. Our vision is to center equity and justice in everything we do as well as to combat systems of oppression and injustices that have long harmed Pennsylvania’s environmental justice communities.
- Manage the Harrisburg Office. Support the Senior Director of Operations on the operation and management of the Harrisburg office and building facilities. Provide day-to-day management of Harrisburg office activities, including mail, building vendors, building tenants, and facility repairs. Because we are headquartered in Harrisburg, the Administrative Manager will also serve as a liaison to some technology vendors.
- Occasional support for President/CEO activities. Support the activities of the President/CEO as needed, including scheduling, travel, and expenses. From time to time, compile documents for meetings with donors, media engagements, and policymakers as well as distribute meeting notes to relevant staff.
- Staff the Board of Directors as its Assistant Secretary as set forth in the By-Laws. Support the President/CEO and EVP/COS engagement with the Board of Directors, including act as designated point of contact for board requests, sending communications to the full Board, scheduling and planning Board meetings, and serving as a staff liaison with the Board. The Administrative Manager will attend all Board meetings and take official meeting minutes.
- Governance Records. The Administrative Manager will maintain corporate governance files. In addition, the position will organize and prepare all Board meeting content, including Board binders, agendas, corporate documents, quarterly President’s reports, and directories; and assist with board orientation.
- Support human resource activities. Assist the Senior Director of Operations to support a centralized process for new hire onboarding, including organizing and collecting relevant paperwork, creating online accounts, e-mail setup, and computer acquisitions.
- Support Development Activities. Assist the Director of Development with the processing of membership mail.
- Fulfill other organizational support activities, as directed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and an ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong written and organizing skills
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and proactively on projects
- An advanced technical understanding of Microsoft Office programs, the Google suite of office management software, as well as other office management tools
- A high degree of comfort and confidence working with modern office software, computers, and other technologies
- Strong commitment to PennFuture’s mission and demonstrated commitment to advancing environmental protection with vision and results
- Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice and employing that in all their work
This position is based out of PennFuture’s Harrisburg office. Please note that depending on the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, PennFuture’s offices will be closed through at least July 6, 2021.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours/week at $20.00/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
PennFuture encourages applications from individuals underrepresented in the environmental community, including people of color, and persons with nontraditional work and educational experience. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
The deadline to apply for this position is May 7, 2021.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please write “Administrative Manager” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted.