Salt Lke City, UT
Type of Job
$48,500 - $58,000
Aug 24, 2023
About the job
Title: Administrative Associate
Location: Salt Lake City
Reports to: Administrative Director
Salary: $48,500-$58,000, depending on years of experience. Benefits information below.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2023
The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA), Utah’s largest conservation organization, has an immediate opening for an Administrative Associate based in its Salt Lake City office. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and three references to Joyelle Hatch, Administrative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your application is September 22, 2023. Please include your name and the words “Administrative Associate” in the subject line.
The Administrative Associate plays a crucial role in our business by handling incoming donations, processing all donations, updating the system, and updating the CRM database. The Administrative Associate will work closely with the Administrative Director, the Membership Coordinator, and the Development Associate, as well as organizers and collaborates with all staff as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and distribute all mail
- Answer and direct phone calls and general emails
- Setup and update staff work records
- Maintain State registrations
- Oversee building management/maintenance including monthly services and arranging for general repair work when necessary
- Enter membership data into CRM
- Order general office supplies as needed
- Plan and implement Board Meetings (3 per year)
- Compile board packets and take minutes during board meetings
- Cross trained for Administrative Director and Membership Coordinator
- Assists Executive Director as needed
- Sort and organize newsletters for distribution and maintain list of volunteers for delivery
- New hire training
- Event planning for member and staff events
- Manages and organizes newsletter distribution for volunteers
- 990 prep assistance
- Maintain office equipment, training
- Manage monthly donations
- Manages and schedules weekly staff and administration calls
Training and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees, management, executives, vendors, members, volunteers, and external partners.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities, this is preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the administrative team that
provides overall company leadership and direction
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and a great team player
- Computer literacy including MS Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe, Zoom, multiple CRM programs.
- Exceptional time-management, planning, and administrative skills
- Demonstrate high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with
members, potential members, and other department staff
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- High degree of passion when it comes to protecting the wilderness
Location: SUWA’s Salt Lake City office. We work a hybrid schedule with at least 3 days per week in the office.
Salary: Salary range for this position is $48,500-$58,000, depending on years of experience. We also provide an annual $2,500 retention bonus for completion of a full calendar year and a 403b contribution of 3.5% of salary.