Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Job
May 10, 2021
About the job
Wildlands Network is a growing non-profit organization that is committed to
reconnecting, restoring and rewilding North America so that life in all its diversity can
thrive. We have staff in the United States and Mexico working with NGO partners,
landowners, elected officials and government agencies to protect, maintain and
restore wildlife habitat and movement corridors.
Wildlands Network is committed to recruiting, training and retaining talented, diverse
and creative staff who are passionate about fulfilling our mission.
Wildlands Network seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide outstanding
administrative, procedural and operational support for a growing international
conservation organization. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Operations Manager. The Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of
organizational operations, including facilities, record keeping, government compliance,
scheduling and providing additional support to employees. This position requires critical thinking, complex task management, basic understanding of finance and accounting, commitment to confidentiality and good humor.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include, but are not limited to, the
• Tracking and inputting financial data;
• Troubleshooting technology-related issues and connecting staff to outside help desk resources;
• Assist with onboarding new employees, interns and volunteers;
• Scheduling calendar invitations and internal meetings;
• Execute and design operational processes for expense reporting, ordering office supplies and equipment;
• Manage internal filing system (and ensure compliance with document retention policies) for organizational documents;
• Proactively track local, state and national (in both the U.S. and Mexico) compliance requirements and deadlines and coordinate submission of all required documentation;
• Assist with internal metric tracking.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
· Excellent writing and communication skills.
· Familiarity with QuickBooks and basic accounting principles.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
• Ability to proactively troubleshoot technical issues.
• Ability to problem-solve and meet multiple deadlines.
• High degree of initiative.
• Team player.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, in office. Some remote work may be possible, but must be able to work primarily from organizational office (we follow CDC guidance and recommendations).
Job Type: Part-time, hourly (20 hours/week) with flexible, consistent scheduling. Potential for full-time depending on organizational needs and growth.
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, sick, family leave; support for ongoing professional development.
Wildlands Network is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send statement of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please, no calls or direct emails to other staff. To be considered, applicants must submit materials through this email account.