Type of Job
$62,000 - $69,000
Nov 4, 2022
About the job
DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE
JOB TITLE: Accountant
CLASSIFICATION: Professional 1
SALARY: $62,000 - $69,000
LOCATION: Headquarters, Washington, DC
REPORTS TO: Controller
NUMBER OF DIRECT AND INDIRECT REPORT(S): 0
LAST REVISED: September 2022
The Accountant performs a variety of accounting duties, with a focus on cash receipts and cash monitoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Download weekly stock gifts from online banking system for logging, coding and entry into the CRM database
- Download weekly ACH/wire gifts from online banking system for logging, coding and entry into the CRM database
- Provide coding for Finance-related cash receipts
- Work closely with the Controller and the Marketing department to ensure all cash receipts processed through the CRM database are properly exported from the CRM Database and recorded into the Accounting Database on a monthly basis
- Record journal entries in the Accounting Database for all cash receipts
- Monitor bank account activity on a daily basis
- Prepare daily cash report for the CFO
- Monitor bank account activity for ACH/wire gifts received; provide notification to relevant departments
- Monitor bank account activity to verify timely and accurate withdrawals of ACH payments
- Monitor bank account activity to verify timely and accurate deposits of high dollar cash receipts; update high dollar cash receipt logs with deposit dates
General Ledger / Account Reconciliations
- Perform various revenue-related reconciliations including receivables and deferred revenue
- Perform monthly reconciliations for all investment accounts
- Set up and maintain vendor records in Accounting database based upon w-9’s provided
- Maintain electronic vendor W-9 files
- Maintain up-to-date active vendor list on intranet
- Update vendor records for departing employees in Accounting database
- Manage the invoicing process, including creating invoices and following up on outstanding amounts
- Complete requests for baking information in order to receive ACH/wire gifts
Perform all other related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders of Wildlife requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Defenders of Wildlife provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, sex national origin, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, personal appearance, family/parental status, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic in all personnel actions.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.