Type of Job
Sep 17, 2021
About the job
The Accountant performs a variety of accounting duties, with a focus on revenue accounting and cash receipts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Processing of Third-Party Cash Receipts
- Work closely with the Controller and the Marketing department to ensure all cash receipts processed by third party vendors are properly exported from the CRM Database and recorded into the Accounting Database in a timely manner
- Provide support to Finance department on CRM Database revenue issues
- With the Controller, represent the Finance department on all CRM Database upgrades and modifications that impact Finance processes
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Accountant – Grants Accounting in regards to restricted cash receipts and revenues
Processing for In-House Cash Receipts
- Download weekly Stock Gifts from online banking system for coding
- Download weekly ACH/Wire Gifts from online banking system for coding
- Provide coding for Finance-related cash receipts
- Record journal entries in the Accounting Database for all in-house cash receipts
- Provide daily cash reports to the President and the CFO
- Review banking to verify accuracy of deposits of cash receipt batches
- Monitor banking for EFT/electronic payments and provide notification to relevant departments
General Ledger / Account Reconciliations
- Perform various revenue-related reconciliations including receivables and deferred revenue
- Perform monthly reconciliations for all investment accounts
- Manage the invoicing process, including creating invoices and following up on outstanding amounts
- Complete requests for baking information in order to receive electronic cash receipts
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.