Account Executive, Issue Advocacy
New York, NY or Washington, DC
Type of Job
Jun 3, 2022
About the job
BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named the number one agency in America by the Observer, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 290 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Issue Advocacy team fights to advance equity for marginalized communities by working with major national progressive organizations, foundations and academic institutions on some of the most high-profile issues of our time. From local to global campaigns, we help our clients advocate for reproductive health, rights and justice; immigrant rights; climate change action; quality education; criminal-legal system issues; racial justice and much more. Whether launching a new campaign, pitching to news media, preparing for a breaking news moment, building thought leadership or crafting compelling messaging, our team is at the ready.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Executive.
Are you looking for a place to grow your communications talents? Do you have a personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change? Are you someone who enjoys working in a team environment that fosters staff growth?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
Note: This role will based in Washington, D.C. or New York, New York when we return to our offices in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols.
As an Account Executive on the Issue Advocacy team, you will…
- Write polished press materials (including pitches, press releases, op-eds, and media backgrounders), strategic memos and outreach reports
- Conduct strategic and thorough media outreach to land stories for our clients
- Monitor the media to identify opportunities to insert our clients into the news cycle, and build and maintain press lists that demonstrate a strong understanding of the reporters and outlets covering our clients' issues
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to evaluate the impact of our clients' work; analyze the positioning of our clients relative to their competitors; and better understand how our clients' target audiences behave, relate to our clients' work, and speak about our clients' issues
- Contribute ideas, research, and writing support for strategic communications
- Keep the trains running for our account teams--ensure the team's work is moving in accordance with the work plan and meeting deadlines
- Has 2-3+ years of work experience, preferably in public relations, public affairs, media relations, journalism, issue advocacy, political campaigns or a related field
- Has knowledge of the current media landscape. You have a strong sense of what’s newsworthy, an understanding of a wide range of news outlets and journalists, and experience directly interacting with reporters
- Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- Has strong written and oral communications skills
- Is technically fluent with tools such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning and local, state, or national politics
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
How to apply: Please submit your application here