Account Executive, Digital, Labor, and Advocacy
New York, NY, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, CA or Remote
Type of Job
Jun 3, 2022
About the job
BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high-impact media, digital and creative strategies to labor unions, top organizations, companies, and candidates. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 300 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
BerlinRosen’s clients include an impressive and growing list of labor unions who are organizing new industries, fighting for their members and their families, and improving the lives of millions of working people by employing innovative tactics and cutting-edge communications. We also work with organizations at the forefront of changing the world and represent some of the biggest names defining the future of racial justice, reproductive justice, education, urban innovation, lifestyle, real estate, progressive politics and foundations, architecture, technology and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Digital team at BerlinRosen powers the digital and social media campaigns of some of the nation’s largest unions, most impactful racial justice organizations and progressive political and advocacy campaigns. Our team builds momentum, creates buzz and drives action with digital strategies, paid advertising, content creation, social media, and online organizing. From the steps of the Supreme Court, to the border in Texas, to the rivers of Colorado, our team builds momentum and drives action with sharp digital strategy, advertising, social media and online organizing. We help our clients improve the lives of impacted communities, address inequality in our economy, our criminal justice system and our political system while holding some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and of color communities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Executive, Digital, Labor and Advocacy.
Are you a creative problem solver who loves tackling big challenges with a great team? Do you deeply understand the internet and how digital channels can be leveraged to tell compelling stories and move audiences to act? Do you have a personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change through digital platforms?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
*Note: This role will ideally be based in one of our BR offices (Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, California, or New York, New York) or can be fully remote with occasional travel.*
As our Account Executive on the Digital Advocacy Team, you will...
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop innovative and creative content that reaches targeted audiences and inspire action
- Write and edit copy that breaks through the clutter of the internet
- Identify new digital trends and how clients should leverage them for their issue
- Help manage project timelines and deliverables
- Manage clients’ online channels, including writing and editing persuasive online content for social media, email, video and SMS
- Analyze metrics and developing reports on advertising, social media, and other digital campaigns
- Assist on rapid response campaigns, including live tweeting
- Has 2-3+ years experience working on digital or labor campaigns, preferably at a union, agency, political campaign or fast-paced advocacy organization.
- Understands digital organizing and communications, including email, text and social media campaigning.
- Is tactically familiar with most aspects of digital campaigns, including social media, online advertising, email marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, social listening, web design.
- Is technically fluent with tools such as ActionKit, ActionNetwork, Hustle, EveryAction, WordPress, Phone2Action, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Organized. You build systems to keep yourself organized and tracking numerous details on different accounts.
- Writes well. Your background in written communication includes experience developing sharp, compelling online content.
- Understands how digital tactics can help achieve a campaign goal. You can interpret how that goal is best served by digital strategy and paid advertising.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
How to apply: Please submit your application here