Denver/San Francisco/Washington DC/New York or Remote
Type of Job
Apr 9, 2021
About the job
Spitfire is looking for a resourceful account coordinator who thrives in a fast‐paced client environment and is curious, creative and passionate about working to advance racial, economic and social justice; protect the environment; and expand opportunity for all. In this position, you’ll have significant professional growth opportunities to expand your communication skills from writing to research to strategy. You’ll report directly to a manager who will prioritize your professional growth.
- Provide support to assigned project teams;
- Conduct media tracking and build media lists;
- Pitch to the media;
- Draft media audits;
- Create digital content;
- Conduct research;
- Craft first drafts of materials;
- Take diligent internal and client‐facing meeting notes;
- Provide error‐free copy editing according to AP Style and Spitfire style guides;
- Create PowerPoint presentations according to Spitfire style guide;
- Offer general office and client support;
- Contribute creative and strategic ideas to projects and implement them;
- Consistently meet project deadlines;
- Submit time and expenses by deadline and follow company policies.
- Follow company policies as detailed in the handbook;
- Contribute to a positive work culture; and,
- Travel as needed.
Competencies & Characteristics
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Ability to move into problem‐solving mode when challenges and concerns arise;
- Research and analytical skills;
- Results‐oriented and open to asking for help from colleagues to solve problems;
- Collegial, collaborative and curious;
- High emotional intelligence;
- Shows good judgement in decision making;
- Team player;
- Self‐directed and accountable;
- Flexible, nimble and resilient;
- Detail oriented, highly organized and have strong follow‐through;
- Awareness of and interest in a variety of social and environmental issues;
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively; and
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues across offices.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience and six‐12 months full‐time office experience, internship or other relevant experience. Knowledge of current events. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Expertise in using MS Office software and internet research tools. A demonstrated interest in helping to promote positive social change. Candidate should be a highly motivated self‐starter who takes direction well but can also work independently, thrives on variety and shift directions seamlessly. Client service experience and knowledge of Meltwater, Lexis‐Nexis, Cision, Slack and Nuvi is a plus.
Account coordinators are full‐time employees. The starting salary range for this position is equivalent to $38,250 to $43,250 per year. Spitfire’s compensation package also includes 100% paid health and dental insurance for employees, generous paid time off, 15 – 16 paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan, summer hours and in-office perks.
This position may be in any Spitfire office or may work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. Spitfire offices are located in Denver, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC. Should a candidate from any of these areas be selected, that individual will begin as a remote employee and will be invited to work onsite once offices reopen.
As a woman-owned firm, Spitfire’s values are rooted in one core principle: everyone belongs and has the power to spark change. Our work mirrors this. We’re relentless in our pursuit of opportunities to represent the best interests of people and the planet, whether that takes us into communities, across the country or around the world. Our team of professionals stands ready to bring — and tap into — diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise to tackle the most critical social and environmental issues of our time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spitfire Strategies is committed to maintaining and promoting a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We strive to build a work environment that stimulates positive change and more fully reflects the clients we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees.
Spitfire encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, veteran status, marital status, disability (including mental disabilities, learning disabilities and history of disabilities), genetic information, record of arrest or conviction or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are driven to pursue social justice, fight xenophobia, support an equitable society for all people and defend human rights, we encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
To be considered with the first round of applicants, please send the following three items by 5 p.m. PST on Friday, April 23, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line:
- Cover letter. In your cove letter, please tell us about at least one time when you’ve sparked change.
- A brief writing sample.
Prior to submitting your application, please review the salary range for this position in the Compensation section above. No phone calls, please.