Transportation Policy Manager, Commission on the Future of Mobility
Type of Job
About the job
Who We Are
The Commission on the Future of Mobility has been created to identify opportunities across transportation and technology silos and propose a fundamentally new vision for transportation policy for people and goods. The global transportation sector is on the cusp of a worldwide transition driven by shared, connected, autonomous, and electric technologies as well as new ways people may get around cities like micromobility platforms. These rapid technological developments will have broad effects on business models, emissions, and safety.
The Commission will encourage and harness the benefits created by an interconnected transportation system to reshape transportation policy in favor of exponential outcomes for consumer safety, global opportunity and infrastructure resiliency. Founded in research and advocacy, the Commission will provide new data and methodologies to drive innovative policy that optimizes across five areas for a cleaner environment, enhanced security, economic opportunity, safety, and access.
What We Seek
We’re looking for a self-starter with a passion for experience and in transportation focused economic and policy research. Bonus points for researchers with expertise in energy, freight, multi-modal transportation, passenger transportation, and infrastructure. You’ll need exceptional research, written, and oral communication skills, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the policy and research domains related to transportation and mobility. You will work directly for and with Director of Policy, leading The Commission’s efforts in one of its verticals of exploration.
In a single document, please provide a detailed resume, cover letter, a 500 word essay on your vision for the future of mobility and how we should get there, and at least one academic publication that you have authored. Please provide this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conduct in-depth policy research and analysis to support and develop cross-sector policy proposals and solutions.
- Develop a range of written materials, for advocacy and information, along with research and analysis.
- Apply expertise to complex work assignments requiring originality and innovative thinking.
- Support communications and outreach campaigns.
- Manage academic and consulting project partners to ensure a consistent and on time set of deliverables.
- Shape, develop, and implement new vision for the future of mobility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Public Policy, or Business; Master’s degree in these areas strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in transportation policy research, as well as experience with policy analysis and developing policy proposals.
- 1-2 years of experience directly working on rulemakings within an agency or legislative body.
- Experience managing third party research efforts.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Previous experience in developing and publishing academic policy research.
- Domestic and global exposure with access to officials at various levels of government preferred.
- Experience creating advocacy support materials, such as talking points, policy briefs, etc.