Fundraising Systems Analyst
Type of Job
Aug 26, 2021
About the job
The Fundraising Systems Analyst is responsible for managing our donor database (collectively known as our “Constituent Relationship Management system, or CRM”) to support Defenders’ fundraising and advocacy growth efforts while maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our constituent data. This position is the technical expert for our donor databases, including Revolution Online (ROI), Engaging Networks, and others as assigned. Drawing on advanced proficiency in database tools including SQL and Microsoft Excel, this position is responsible for writing queries used to support Defenders’ internal database requests and will serve as the technical liaison with our database vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide end-user support for CRM systems including adding and modifying CRM user accounts, assisting in dashboard configuration and overall CRM user support.
- Collect business requirements for new programming customizations, work with database vendors to implement custom specs, and ensure final quality for all custom functionality.
- Provide files/donor lists for in-house mailings, emails and ad hoc requests to support Integrated Marketing, Development, Government Relations and field offices.
- Oversee the fundraising database files provided to Finance to reconcile the CRM database and our Financial database.
- Audit data entry practices of our caging vendor, our credit card processor and Member Services. Communicate this information to the Director of Marketing Operations as soon as problems or inefficiencies are identified.
- Supervise and mentor the Database Associate to support all of Defenders’ database projects and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our donor data including but not limited to the process of uploading revenue/transaction files from multiple sources in CRM; ensure all documentation and workflow processes remain up to date.
- Identify areas of improvement in our database processes and recommend and/or develop automation wherever possible.
- Stay current with database structure and process changes, software updates and fundraising needs.
- Serve as the technical liaison with our database vendors including submitting and tracking all support tickets, reviewing job specs and associated documentation.
- Support the Director of Marketing Operations in training Defenders’ staff on data and reporting best practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 6 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders require employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The posting that of this job is not open to applicants based in Montana.