The Wilderness Society (TWS) is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to protect wilderness and inspire Americans to care for our wild places. We believe public lands should benefit all of us. TWS strives to ensure our organization and work embodies the cultures and perspectives of people and communities across our nation, and connects and inspires people to care about wild places.
This campaign manager position will develop, lead and implement effective advocacy campaigns. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, results-oriented and excels at building and maintaining diverse relationships to help meet near term goals and build long term power.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. TWS has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Campaign Manager will integrate these priorities throughout their work. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and leads implementation of advocacy plans to meet campaign and organizational goals.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with campaign leadership, regional staff, and external affairs.
- Provides advocacy support for internal teams and strategic external coalitions, partners groups and other key stakeholders.
- Prepares written and visual materials, such as fact sheets, action alerts, presentations and other outreach materials.
- Represents TWS in coalitions, cultivating strong relationships with partners and key influencers when needed.
- Organizes advocacy and/or educational events as needed.
- Coordinates data management between regional, campaign and external affairs staff.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20% of the time (percentage may vary depending on location).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in advocacy or electoral campaigns. Previous campaign management experience required.
- Demonstrated self-starter with proven ability to take initiative, develop strategies, and see project through to completion with limited supervision.
- Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives—across race and gender.
- Proven ability to set and meet deadlines, work on multiple projects at one time, and to adjust quickly to shifting priorities/plans.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to learn to use new technology platforms to efficiently coordinate campaign activities and manage data.
The Wilderness Society offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; sick and vacation leave; a sabbatical program; and a retirement plan. TWS is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
As an organization, we aspire to being inclusive in the work that we do, and in the kind of organization we are. Internally this means working as a team that listens to different points of view, recognizes the contributions of every employee and empowers each employee to bring their whole selves to work every day. Externally this means ensuring that public lands are inclusive and welcoming, so that our shared wildlands can help people and nature to thrive. We are committed to equity throughout our work, which we define as our commitment to realizing the promise of our public lands and ensuring that all can share in their universal benefits.
To learn more about our commitment, please see http://wilderness.org/our-commitment-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-wilderness-society
For consideration, please submit your resume through our online application system.