ABOUT THE TEAM
The Digital Advocacy Team at BerlinRosen powers the digital organizing work behind the nation’s most urgent and ambitious progressive campaigns. Immigration. Workers’ rights. Affordable health care. Clean energy. Voting rights. From the steps of the Supreme Court, to the border in Texas, to the rivers of Colorado, our team builds momentum and drives action with sharp digital strategy, advertising, social media and online organizing. We help our clients get results—when the stakes are at their highest and the whole nation is watching. And, as Observer’s #1 most powerful PR agency for 2018, we’re just getting started.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our team is driven, tenacious, collaborative, and we are looking for a senior member to contribute to this energy and join us as our next Account Director. We’re seeking someone who deeply understands the internet and how digital channels can be leveraged to tell compelling stories and move audiences to act.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Leading strategic conversations and managing plans that help our talented team thrive while delivering top-notch results for our clients
- Collaborating closely with the digital management team to develop and inspire our crew of committed digital strategists to be innovative and creative
- Growing our practice by winning new business and proactively expanding our relationships in the progressive movement
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience managing large-scale digital campaigns, preferably at an agency, political campaign or fast-paced advocacy organization
- A thorough understanding of digital organizing and communications, including email, text and social media campaigning
- Tactical familiarity with most or all of the following: social media, online advertising, email marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, social listening, web design
- Experience project managing innovative and impactful design projects whether on video, web or social media
- Fluency in some (or all) commonly used tools such as BSD, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, Hustle, EveryAction, WordPress, Phone2Action, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience managing people, including demonstrated ability to successfully motivate, manage and mentor a team to meet objectives
- Excellent written communication skills, including extensive experience developing sharp, compelling online content
- Ability to understand a client’s ultimate goal and to interpret how that is best served by digital strategy and paid advertising
- A personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice
- A passion for advancing progressive social change through digital platforms
- A patient and compassionate disposition
- An interest in industry trends and emerging technology
- A track record of building strong relationships with people
- A commitment to building diverse teams and a healthy work culture
- A sense of humor and humility
Above all, you are a relentlessly creative problem solver who loves tackling big challenges with a great team. We can’t wait to meet you!
Salary and Benefits: BerlinRosen offers a very competitive salary; benefits include 401K, Bonuses, Dental, Vision, and Health insurance.
BerlinRosen is a leading national progressive public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and advertising strategies to top organizations, companies and candidates. Founded as a two-person startup in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen, the firm has grown to a staff of over 150 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. BerlinRosen has become known as the go-to firm for progressive organizations, campaigns and candidates working on today’s most pressing public issues across the U.S.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration.
BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, people identifying as LGBTQ, people and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and BerlinRosen is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.