Spitfire is seeking an intern to join our San Francisco, CA team in tackling the most critical social and environmental issues of our time. As a woman-owned firm, Spitfire’s values are rooted in one core principle: everyone belongs and has the power to spark change. Our work mirrors this. We’re relentless in our pursuit of opportunities to represent the best interests of people and the planet.
The internship will provide a better understanding of the public relations field, specifically as it pertains to services for nonprofits. Internship activities will include a mix of:
- Creating media lists that demonstrate a solid understanding of the media as well as understanding of the client's issue and how it is to be positioned in the media
- Compiling media clips for clients and regularly identifying opportunities for clients to strengthen their position by responding to select clips
- Actively participating in internal client brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas to projects
- Taking notes at planning meetings that project lead can turn into outline for communications plan
- Coordinating mailings and assembling meeting or training packets
- Creating PowerPoint presentations according to Spitfire guidelines
- Copy editing and drafting materials and internal memos that adhere to AP and Spitfire Style guides
- Other duties as assigned
All candidates must have a bachelor's degree or be in their final semester/trimester of college. Candidates should have at least three to six months of office experience or related experience, or have held a previous full-time internship.
Spitfire Strategies is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels within the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees. We encourage all applicants regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other social identities to apply.
This is a paid internship with a minimum three-month commitment in an office with easy access to public transit.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com noting position title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.