- Reports To: Digital & Media Relations Manager
- Status: Part-time (PT) or Full-time (FT)
- Hours: 20 hours/week, with possibility of full time
- Pay rate: Contingent upon experience
- Location: Remote; open to candidates in the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of ACE’s social media accounts. They will plan, develop, and curate compelling social media content in order to increase awareness of the ACE brand and engage our online community of supporters and donors.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assist the Digital & Media Relations Manager in implementing social media strategy. Engage in list building, online advocacy, and community management in order to engage a wider audience in ACE’s research findings
- Monitor ACE social media accounts. Check all social media platforms for comments, activity, and messages, and respond accordingly
- Create social media content. Produce graphics and videos, and experiment with new content types to engage our community and increase understanding of ACE’s work
- Curate social media content. Build upon the ACE brand and engage our community on social media by curating creative and compelling content on a daily basis
- Monitor ACE mentions and engage with relevant stakeholders. Use social monitoring and management tools to identify, build, and maintain strong relationships with key influencers
- Evaluate social media content performance. Work with the Digital & Media Relations Manager to monitor engagement and outcomes of social media initiatives by channel, using analytics reporting tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Follow social media trends. Stay informed about the latest updates, innovations, and new platforms in digital communications
- Blend of digital media communications skills and technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Highly motivated: a self-starter who also works well on a team
- History of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on a virtual/remote team
- Ability to creatively implement innovative solutions to everyday tasks
- Passionate about effective altruism and/or animal advocacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong digital media skills and a good visual eye
- Understanding of social media and online communities (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Ability to adapt copy and content to suit the requirements of different platforms
- Familiarity with social scheduling, media management, and monitoring tools (Tweetdeck, ActionSprout, Mention, etc.)
- Understanding of online communications analytics and reporting (Google Analytics, heatmaps, Facebook Insights, etc.) a plus
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro, and/or online design software such as Canva a plus
Commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunities
Animal Charity Evaluators provides equal employment opportunities and highly values diversity. As such, we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and to making an impact. We offer a mission- and employee-focused virtual work environment and a competitive compensation package.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, and people of various socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position.
Animal Charity Evaluators is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All applications will be processed in strict confidentiality. ACE thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Animal Charity Evaluators
Animal Charity Evaluators (ACE) is a U.S.-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to finding and promoting highly effective opportunities to improve the lives of animals. Through evaluating animal charities and researching interventions used to help animals, we aid compassionate givers, professionals, and volunteers in making informed decisions about how to help animals as effectively as possible. We provide career and volunteering recommendations and promote best practices for animal charities. We also award grants to academics and organizations to help them conduct their own research.