The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has an immediate opening for a Program Assistant to join our growing and dynamic Digital Advocacy and Fundraising team and Publications team, based in our New York office.
NRDC is one of America’s most effective an environmental action groups with more than 3 million members and online activists. Its staff of nearly 500 attorneys, scientists, and policy analysts works to protect the environment through courtroom action, legislative campaigns, and grassroots online activism.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative support to our largely New York-based team in a variety of capacities.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls, as needed
- Respond to a high volume of email and phone call inquiries from members about their donations, and resolving donation problems in our database
- Handle regular contact updates in CRM database
- Handle travel arrangements
- Complete expense reports, process invoices, track team budget, and provide monthly updates
- Coordinate busy calendar and help keep projects on track
- Proofread campaign emails and publication materials, as needed
- Assist in the drafting of some campaign emails and other materials under direction of managers
- Assist Senior Publications Editor with production of publications, as needed
- Support larger communications team, as needed
- One year previous administrative or professional experience
- High degree of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal/phone communications skills (experience in customer service a plus)
- Experience with CRM databases such as ActionKit, Salesforce, Luminate Online, and Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Experience with project management tools such as iMeet, Asana, and Basecamp also a plus
- Experience working with budgets and vendor invoices
- Strong interest in communications on environmental issues, advocacy, and working with the public
- Outstanding organizational skills, the ability to multitask, set priorities, follow institutional procedures, take initiative, and perform undirected work
- Close attention to detail and follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure
- Willingness to be available for occasional overtime work
- Bachelor’s Degree required
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org