APPLY LINK: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/4012/program-assistant-corporate-counsel/job?mode=view
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Corporate Counsel Program Assistant to work in NRDC’s New York office. The Corporate Counsel team provides in-house legal support to all NRDC programs and departments. The position will provide administrative and other support for the Corporate Counsel team, which currently consists of four attorneys and the Corporate Counsel Administrator.
- Processing invoices and expense reports, and maintaining detailed budget trackers
- Manage the contract process, including tracking of agreements to completion and assisting with contract-related insurance matters
- Assist the Corporate Counsel Administrator with state charitable solicitation and business registrations
- Assist the Corporate Counsel Administrator with lobby compliance, trademark registrations, and charitable solicitation and business registrations,
- Assist with the management of the annual conflict of interest disclosure process
- Manage state tax exemption certificates, apply for exemptions and renewals
- Maintain Corporate Counsel files (i.e. board and committee minutes and materials, document holds, etc.)
- Distribute Westlaw passwords to staff, interns, and fellows as needed
- Proofread, format, copy, scan, mail, fax, and print documents
- Schedule meetings
- Book travel
- Other tasks as assigned by the Corporate Counsel Administrator
- Strong organizational skill with an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One year of previous administrative or paralegal experience (or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to perform or quickly learn tasks such as those listed above
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently execute multiple tasks, follow institutional procedures, and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy and rigor
- Ability to maintain composure under deadline pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work discreetly with sensitive information
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum two-year commitment strongly preferred
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org