Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the power of more than two million members and online activists with the expertise of nearly 500 scientists, lawyers, policy advocates, and other professionals across the globe ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff – a force for nature - work out of offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an Office Coordinator to work with the Nature Program team in our Northern Rockies office located in Bozeman, Montana. The Office Coordinator will provide administrative support to Nature Program staff and oversee the logistical operations of the office. The candidate must be able to efficiently handle a variety of responsibilities, including organizing trips and events, coordinating and booking travel, scheduling and coordinating meetings, processing expenses, budget management and tracking, public outreach and greeting office visitors, improving the sustainability efforts of the office, and, at times, assisting with some substantive programmatic work. This position reports to the Director of the Northern Rockies Office in Bozeman and the Senior Facilities Manager in Washington, D.C.
- Providing administrative support for Nature Program staff;
- Planning various events (both public events and internal meetings and retreats);
- Public education and outreach work;
- Answering telephone calls and greeting visitors to the Northern Rockies office;
- Processing invoices and business expenses;
- Tracking restricted grants and discretionary spending;
- Coordinating schedules and travel arrangements;
- Responsible for general management and efficient operations of the office in line with NRDC’s commitment to maintaining environmentally sustainable business operations;
- Overseeing office services and vendors;
- Managing onboarding for new employees and interns;
- Managing attendance records;
- Assisting with recruiting, including resume review, phone screens, reference checks, scheduling interviews, etc.;
- Providing a high level of customer service to our staff;
- Providing general administrative support on various projects as they arise;
- Leading efforts to increase the sustainability of the Northern Rockies Office; and
- Helping, at times, with substantive programmatic work (e.g., research and writing projects).
The ideal candidate will have the personal and professional skills to advance NRDC’s objectives, including:
- Undergraduate degree;
- Strong interest in Northern Rockies conservation issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Must have the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects, and perform well under deadlines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Some experience providing administrative or other logistical support is preferred;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills are required;
- Ability to work well under pressure and be detail-oriented;
- Willingness to be available for occasional overtime work;
- A sense of humor, enjoy working with others, patience, and collegiality; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample through our online portal. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care at 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org