Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We combine the power of more than three million members and online activists with the expertise of some 600 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates across the globe to ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our people work across the world, with major offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
Human Resources’ vision is to be valued as experts who develop leading people-solutions, foster a values-driven culture, and are sought out as strategic partners and we are committed to nurturing a work environment where our people thrive and work together to achieve our mission. We are looking for a talented and motivated HR Operations Coordinator to join our team to focus on supporting our systems & data management activities within the HR Operations Team.
This position will be located in our Washington D.C. office and reports to the Manager, HR Operations in the New York office.
- The position of HR Operations Coordinator will have ownership of regular team responsibilities as relates to HR systems management and administration, provide back up support on critical processes for teammates and pursue special projects as bandwidth allows
- Provide administrative support to the HR Operations Team
- Low level configuration changes and data entry to the various HR systems platforms
- Support good electronic record-keeping for HR data files
- Schedule meetings, track important meeting minutes, and ensure streamlined updates are shared and followed up in a timely manner
- Running of reports & tracking to support regular and ad-hoc auditing activities
- Specialized process mapping on HR Operations specific activities
- Expanded customer service – calls and personal attention to NRDC employees to enhance our strong customer service reputation; escalation of issues as needed
- Work with team members to produce visual documentation including process flows, organizational and project plans in Smartsheet, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, and follow-up skills
- Affinity for/enjoyment for learning new systems & processes
- Solution-oriented/problem solving orientation
- Ability to work independently and advance initiatives when required
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience using an HRIS or other HR system a must; experience working on the admin side of an HR system highly desirable
- Experience with process mapping & business analysis concepts
- Experience handling large amounts of data & producing reports
- Customer service and people-engagement oriented
- BA/BS in HR, Business, or STEM related fields, or commensurate work experience
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, religious creed, religious observance, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual preference or orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, military service and veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition as defined by applicable state or federal law, physical or mental handicap or disability, genetic information or predisposition, arrest or conviction records, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, and sex offenses or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of resumes, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org