Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We combine the power of more than three million members and online activists with the expertise of some 600 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates across the globe to ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our people work across the world, with major offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
Human Resources’ vision is to be valued as experts who develop leading people-solutions, foster a values-driven culture, and are sought out as strategic partners and we are committed to nurturing a work environment where our people thrive and work together to achieve our mission. HR Coordinator reports to the Human Resources Partner in our DC office.
- Manage, draft and compile internal HR communications and announcements for all regional offices ensure information is effectively cascaded throughout the organization.
- Enhance existing processes and internal communications with collaboration across the organization’s key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the other HR team members in all internal communications and ensure necessary approvals for a variety of communications and/or announcements.
- Develop and deploy HR initiative communications, including but not limited to providing write ups for newsletter, emails, policy updates, videos, posters, etc.
- Provide general administrative support to the Partner Relations Team.
- Manage onboarding for new employees, interns and volunteers.
- Support the HR Partners on a variety of administrative, and HR related tasks, including, but not limited to scheduling and coordinating meetings and trainings.
- Identify HR workflow inefficiencies and recommend solutions for streamlining/automating HR processes; package communications and material for employees
- Act as an advocate and champion for new employees to support and assist them navigating day-to-day challenges.
- Provide a high touch customer service experience to our staff
- Schedule and organize departmental meetings and conference calls
- Coordinate exit processes for all DC office employee departures
- Maintain up-to-date employee records and files
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the HR Partners
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 -3 years’ experience in human resources, preferably in an office environment and some project management knowledge desirable.
- Practical understanding of the issues, strategies and tactics involved in internal communications.
- Understanding of legal and business concepts.
- Takes a proactive approach to project management, utilizing strategy, planning, and execution skills in collaboration with team.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills are required; timely completion and attention to detail are expected as is the ability to make decisions and access situations with the “big picture” in mind.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative team, organize and coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, follow organizational procedures, and performs quickly and accurately under deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS office suite, including PowerPoint, Visio, and Publisher is a plus.
- Some experience with process management, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct research, analyze material logically, and share ideas and recommendations clearly.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, religious creed, religious observance, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual preference or orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, military service and veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition as defined by applicable state or federal law, physical or mental handicap or disability, genetic information or predisposition, arrest or conviction records, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, and sex offenses or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.