The NRDC Action Fund is an affiliated but separate organization from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). The NRDC Action Fund’s mission is to build political support in the United States for protecting the planet and its people. We mobilize influential constituencies, experts, community leaders and others to directly advocate for clean air and water, public health, biodiversity, and a stable climate. We support candidates who stand up for environmental protection, and we expose those who side with polluters rather than the public good.
The Director of PAC and Candidates Services is responsible for the successful management of the Action Fund’s federal PAC and its support of GiveGreen, a candidate fundraising platform of the LCV Victory Fund that demonstrates the political power of environmental donors. Reporting to the Action Fund Executive Director and based in Washington, DC, this position will work with candidate campaign staff, donors, event hosts and staff from other GiveGreen supporting partners. The position also closely collaborates with other Action Fund political and development staff.
- Develop and implement the Action Fund PAC’s fundraising and expenditure program for each election cycle, starting with the 2020 cycle.
- Manage the Action Fund’s relationship with and responsibilities to the GiveGreen team (sponsoring organizations and consultants to ensure the continued growth and success of GiveGreen).
- Cultivate and maintain the Action Fund’s relationships with campaign finance directors and other staff of supported candidates for federal office.
- Support Action Fund board members and other major donors who host candidate fundraising events and activities.
- Work collaboratively with the Action Fund Executive Director, Communications Director, and other staff to ensure a strategic approach to building institutional relationships with candidates.
- Work collaboratively with development staff to ensure a cohesive approach to fostering relationships with and soliciting candidate and PAC donations from major donors.
- Work collaboratively with legal staff to ensure ongoing compliance regarding all activities and communications.
- Develop and support a “grasstops” advocacy program that facilitates major donors’ relationships with elected officials to advance the advocacy needs of NRDC and the NRDC Action Fund. This will entail working closely with development, board relations, and government affairs staff.
- 7+ years of relevant political experience, including in PAC fundraising and management and/or candidate services program in a politically active institution
- Proficiency at event planning and logistics as well as advance skills
- Demonstrated project management experience/skills
- Good writing skills
- Excellent people skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities and events concurrently
- Interest in environmental advocacy and policy a plus
- Results-oriented team player
- Sense of humor
Willingness to travel (30% on average, more during election season)
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org