The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
Our fast-paced, dynamic communications team is seeking an assistant to support NRDC’s Digital team in digital technology activities and department administration. The Digital Team Assistant will provide administrative support to our largely New York-based team in a variety of capacities, including invoice and expense reporting, budget accounting, travel arrangements, scheduling of meetings/ conference calls/ retreats, research and preparation of documents, editing materials for distribution, and meeting arrangements. The Digital Team Assistant will also work on project coordination, data analysis and web content updates.
- Support supervisor’s development of communications outreach plans and strategies
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and events, as needed
- Handle regular travel arrangements
- Complete expense reports, process invoices
- Support project coordination within the digital team
- Track and manage multiple large budgets
- Coordinate contracting process with vendors and corporate counsel. Track expiration dates of contracts
- Coordinate busy calendar and help keep projects on track, under direction
- Participate in data gathering and analysis as needed
- Participate in campaigns on a variety of environmental issues
- Triage requests to info@ and web@ listservs
- Make website updates as needed
- Support larger communications team, as needed
- 1-3 years previous administrative or professional experience
- Strong interest in communications, marketing, and/or environmental issues
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org