The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Communications Production Manager to help organize and maintain workflow for the Multimedia Department, a team of creative professionals responsible for all visual content produced by the organization. Under the guidance of the Content Management Director and also working closely with the Multimedia Director, the successful candidate will oversee deadlines and manage the logistics of various projects, from daily assignments to large-scale events, and create new, efficient workflows as needed. The coordinator will break down overarching timelines into manageable milestones and monitor process from ideation to the delivery of final assets.
The Multimedia team is responsible for a diverse set of deliverables from the photo, video, and design disciplines, so we’re looking for a multitasker who can easily transition from project to project frequently at any given time. The coordinator will handle production details that keep projects on task, including sourcing and working with vendors, purchasing and organizing NRDC swag, and the delivery of final assets inside and outside the organization.
The successful candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be comfortable interacting with individuals at various professional levels inside and outside the organization. Basic knowledge of video, photo, design, and editorial production a plus. This position is located in our New York City office.
- Take overarching project deadlines and work out helpful task lists with realistic and achievable milestones that ensure the work happens successfully from start to finish.
- Create new, efficient workflows as needed.
- Contact stakeholders internally and externally to liaise about deadlines and final deliverables and to respond to any real-time adjustments in schedules.
- Manage NRDC’s internal project management software for all Multimedia projects from start to finish, including creating workspaces, task lists, and milestones; maintaining and adjusting templated task lists; and assigning editors tasks.
- Follow up with all people involved in a project to ensure they are hitting their deadlines.
- Conduct morning meetings to keep team on track with tasks, determining any roadblocks with production and working with appropriate team members to resolve issues.
- Source and maintain relationships with preferred printing and swag vendors.
- Strive for efficiency on every project, finding ways the staff can increase productivity.
- At least five years of experience, preferably in a creative environment or another non-profit.
- At least five years working experience with project management software, such as Asana or iMeet.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and according to process.
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Interest in environmental issues preferred.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Apply link: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/4155/communications-production-manager/job?mode=view