Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We combine the power of more than three million members and online activists with the expertise of some 600 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates across the globe to ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our people work across the world, with major offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
Human Resources’ vision is to be valued as experts who develop leading people-solutions, foster a values-driven culture, and are sought out as strategic partners and we are committed to nurturing a work environment where our people thrive and work together to achieve our mission. We are looking for a talented and motivated junior-level HR Operations Specialist to join our team to focus on benefits and project management. This position will be based in NY and reports to both the HR Benefits Manager and HR Generalist.
Benefit Related Activities
- Researching and developing new ways to showcase benefits information to promote employee engagement
- Reviewing and updating all benefits publications to ensure they are relevant and current
- Identifying and mapping out process steps for various benefits activities
- Performing activities related to leave of absence administration, including but not limited to:
- completing all necessary data entry and/or forms
- coordinating with third party administrators
- understanding and interpreting leave of absence policies
- communicating to managers and participants on leave
- coordinating all records with the staff, carriers, payroll, and HRIS
- Auditing, reviewing, organizing, and cataloging benefits materials in various electronic and physical locations
- Developing, analyzing, and preparing recurring HR metric reports and ad hoc requests related to benefits programs
- Clearly and accurately articulating benefits-related information both verbally and in written form
- Ensuring that data is accurate and provide metrics on benefits programs and initiatives
- Researching compliance related issues and day-to-day activities
- Processing and reconciling all invoices related to benefits
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of training materials for management and employees related to benefits programs
- Working on special projects as assigned and other duties as needed
Project Related Activities
- Support and liaise with Project Leads, Stakeholders, Project Owners, Teams to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Project documentation distribution and ensure repository is current and updated
- Track the progress and quality of project tasks being performed and if additional adjustments are required to reach end results
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Schedule meetings, track important meeting minutes, and ensure streamlined documentation is shared, uploaded and updated in a timely fashion
- Edit documents and help create complex presentations and visuals
- Work with team members to produce visual documentation, including process flows, organizational and project plans in Visio and PowerPoint
- Provide administrative support where necessary
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 -3 years’ experience in human resources, preferably benefits administration and some project management knowledge desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize and coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, follow organizational procedures, and performs quickly and accurately under deadlines
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong business process management skills, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct research, analyze material logically, and share ideas and recommendations clearly
- Experience or interest in HR and its related work
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, religious creed, religious observance, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual preference or orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, military service and veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition as defined by applicable state or federal law, physical or mental handicap or disability, genetic information or predisposition, arrest or conviction records, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, and sex offenses or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
Apply link: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/4136/benefits-%26-project-coordinator/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=743&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240