Natural Resources Council of Maine
Database and Development Coordinator
The Natural Resources Council of Maine (NRCM) seeks a full-time Database and Development Coordinator to manage the online and offline databases, generate and maintain data and reports, and support program and office staff in their use of the database. This position reports to the Membership Director.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 14, 2019.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge
- Experience with constituent management/email blast systems
- Experience with Tableau and GIS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 2-4 years of experience working with relational databases, including data entry and database customizations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel (including mail merges)
- Ability to efficiently and accurately perform database functions and data entry
- An understanding of workflow processes and deadlines, and ability to carry out duties utilizing established organizational protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to work as a team player and as a leader
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Mature, discreet, and confidential
- Interest in protecting the environment
- Strict adherence to AFP guidelines; honor each donor's intent and handle confidential information sensitively
- Maintain the ongoing transfer of information between two databases
- Raiser’s Edge data maintenance: includes routine imports, exports, adjustments, and global updates. This is partly automated and partly manual.
- Provide staff with lists for mailings, phonebanks, and email segments using queries
- Update records accordingly
- Responsible for performing research efforts when updating contact information, including, but is not limited to, use of the internet, hardcopy, and electronic sources
- Identify reports, and when needed, build custom reports to meet staff needs
- Data analysis for special projects across the organization
- Train existing/new staff on how to use the database
- Determine new protocol for database teams based on the needs of their team and best practices
- Help staff evaluate metrics
- Update user manuals
- Assist with mailings, emails, batching gifts
- Represent development department on IT team
- Assist with member events
Common NRCM Job Responsibilities:
NRCM is committed to a positive work culture where diversity is honored and respected. To this end, all employees are expected to:
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with all NRCM staff members and with NRCM’s members, external partners, policy-makers, and the general public. This includes proactive work on understanding and addressing issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice; providing and receiving constructive feedback; and a willingness to resolve conflicts constructively.
- Participate in organizational meetings and activities as requested, such as monthly staff meetings, trainings, and ad hoc planning committees.
- Complete all administrative work on time, such as time sheets, purchase orders, program reports, and planning documents.
- Be familiar with and follow organizational protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
The job requires working at a computer station for substantial lengths of time; performing office duties such as phoning, filing, and copying, and the ability to lift objects up to 10 pounds.
NRCM strives to provide a supportive work environment through fair and competitive compensation and benefits, up-to-date equipment and IT support, adequate supervision, and ongoing professional development. The work environment is friendly, fun, cooperative, and very fast-paced. Staff members need to be able to work independently and adapt to changing priorities.
NRCM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnicity, race, religion, physical/mental ability, sexual orientation, or national origin. NRCM will provide reasonable accommodation to employees with disabilities where appropriate. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
To read our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice, please visit our website:
NRCM is committed to providing fair and competitive compensation to its employees. We base our compensation decisions on:
- A biennial market survey of comparable organizations and localities;
- An evaluation of employee qualifications that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, religion, physical/mental ability, sexual orientation, or national origin;
- High employee performance that advances our strategic plan and other organizational priorities; and
- Availability of financial resources for the organization.