Primary purpose of the position: To assist the Government Affairs department, NPCA’s regional operations, and all other departments within the organization, with the development and implementation of legislative, administrative and grassroots strategies designed to protect and enhance the National Park Service programs, parks, personnel and partners that manage the nation’s natural resources. The analyst will work with the organization’s affiliated political arm, National Parks Action Fund.
- Advocates for NPCA’s positions on the preservation and enhancement of the National Park System’s natural resources, and other NPCA priority legislative and administrative issues. 30%
- Helps to develop and implement creative, effective strategies and tactics to promote NPCA’s natural resources campaigns including social media and grassroots partner engagement. 20%
- Works with the Vice President of Government Affairs to implement programs for the National Parks Action Fund. 25%
- Coordinates campaign and policy outreach with NPCA regional office staff and, where appropriate, other NPCA departments and staff. 10%
- Serves as the lead staff person for assigned policy subjects, issues and campaigns, with a responsibility for developing campaign strategies and tactics, conducting research and preparing draft legislation, fact sheets, position papers and testimony necessary to support campaign initiatives. 10%
- Explains NPCA’s policy positions to the media. 5%
Please visit our website at www.npca.org for a full job description. To learn about our comprehensive benefits package, click: https://www.npca.org/resources/3143-resources-for-job-applicants.
Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org under "Careers". No phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link below: