Job Posting: STATE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Climate Action Campaign, a national coalition of environmental and public health groups, has a singular goal for 2017: to slow, stop or weaken the attacks on climate, clean air and clean energy. The coalition coordinates national political strategy, communications, and field operations across the country and is seeking a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and administrative skills to support a multi-state organizing team and national organizing staff.
Our ideal candidate will thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere, have data management and non-profit experience, and possess the ability to be attentive and responsive to staff needs while working on different projects in a fast-paced environment.
This position provides support to national organizing staff and assists with reporting on department activity to donors and campaign leadership.
● Provide technical support to national organizing staff, including training new staff on database use
● Work with the department’s Reporting Manager to track and report on program activities
● Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to evaluate progress towards department goals, and pull additional metrics reports as needed
● Assist in monitoring and maintaining the campaign database that supports our state programs, including conducting data imports, creating reports, monitoring data quality, and performing database maintenance and clean-up
● Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports for fundraising and outreach efforts and to keep campaign leadership apprised of department activity
● Coordinate logistics for national retreats, lobby days, and fly in’s as needed
● Assist with budget and reimbursement tracking for the department
● Maintain documents library and department materials in campaign materials library.
● Support department staff by coordinating logistics for all department meetings, including booking conference rooms, taking and sending meeting notes, and managing conference call systems
● Perform other tasks as required or assigned
● Knowledge of Microsoft Word, basic Excel skills, and database maintenance
● Ability to learn new technical skills, familiarity with QuickBase and VAN a plus
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Strong ability to collect and organize information
● Exceptional attention to detail and ability to spot check for errors
● Experience in environmental non-profits, political campaigns, or database administration
● A passion for driving action
● Ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a member of a team
● Familiarity with the environmental movement preferred but not required
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and references to the following link under the ‘State Operations Assistant’ position: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr
Job based in Washington, D.C.