Are you passionate about health and wellness and making a positive impact on the environment? Do you thrive in collaborative workspaces and value diverse and unique learning opportunities? Are you eager to connect your personal interests to a mission-driven organization that supports professional growth? NEEF has an excellent opportunity for an Intern, Health & Wellness to join our team.
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is a national leader in building public environmental literacy. Congressionally chartered in 1990 as a 501c3 nonprofit to complement the work of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NEEF is a non-partisan, non-advocacy organization working to make the environment more accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all Americans. We collaborate with respected organizations, from both the public and private sector, to develop programs and trainings, organize events, and fund projects that empower people to positively impact our environment. Our major partners include Toyota, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, Spectrum Brands, and multiple federal government agencies. Through our network, we aim to inspire the public to learn about their relationship to the environment and increase their environmental involvement.
We are seeking an energetic self-starter to join the programs team to support our health initiatives. The goal of the Health & Wellness Program is to advance environmental knowledge among health professionals to improve the public’s health, with a special emphasis on children and underserved populations. The Program includes projects involving partnerships with federal agencies, health professional organizations, and public health groups to provide environmental education to physicians, nurses, and other primary health care providers. Reporting to the Senior Program Director, Health & Wellness, the Intern will be responsible for assisting with planning, implementation, and evaluation activities for NEEF’s health and wellness programs. Additionally, the intern will have hands-on experience designing and developing training presentations using e-Learning platforms and monitoring and reporting on data analytics produced by our health and wellness databases.
- Research and design innovative sustainable health promotion and lead prevention programs
- Maintain relevant program data in Salesforce and other specified federal databases to produce reports that evaluate and support the impact of NEEF’s health and wellness programs
- Monitor learning management systems (LMS) dashboards and metrics to assist with the development of data analysis reports
- Research prospective funding opportunities for NEEF’s health and wellness programs
- Assist with social media to promote NEEF’s health and wellness programs
- Other special research projects and administrative duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Database management knowledge preferred
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills with attention to detail; strong verbal communication skills. Familiarity with Chicago style.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with most major new media tools and direct experience as an active user on multiple outlets (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a team-oriented environment; creative and self-motivated.
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Undergraduate students (graduate students preferred) with knowledge/background in public health, health education, environmental health, e-learning development, or instructional design.
At NEEF, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve.
Salary: The internship pays $14/hour. The work schedule can be 16-20 hours per week; hours are flexible within organization operating hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00a – 5:00p). The ideal start date is early January. The office is located in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible.
To apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Health & Wellness Intern in the subject line. Only applications submitted with all of the requested information will be considered. No phone calls please.