Job Title: Personal Philanthropy Manager
Benefits: Health, dental, & vision insurance (company pays 80–90% of employee coverage); company-paid life and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) match of 3%; generous PTO and holiday schedule
As the Manager of Personal Philanthropy, you’ll support the mission and goals of Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) through fund development efforts, specifically by managing our individual giving program. You’ll help shape solicitation and stewardship plans, including face-to-face donor engagement as well as direct response gift campaigns. You will have the opportunity to gain professional fulfillment through this role, such as participating in organization-wide diversity and inclusion efforts and other committees inside and outside of KIB. This is an exciting opportunity to make a strong impact in our organization and throughout the community, raising nearly a half million dollars each year from individual donors.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement action plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from individual donors at all dollar amounts, including launching a formal major gifts program;
- Collaboratively plan and implement multi-channel direct response campaigns (direct mail, email, telephone);
- Meet regularly with, and solicit gifts from, prospective and current donors, engaging other staff as appropriate;
- Update and implement improvements to stewardship processes;
- Maintain donor portfolio information for yourself and other staff and/or volunteer solicitors;
- Schedule and lead donor prospect meetings;
- Provide comprehensive donor and prospect profile reports;
- Participate in planning and executing special events;
- Work collaboratively across all KIB departments to ensure achievement of overall fundraising goals;
- Report directly to the Senior Vice President of Development and External Affairs;
- Meet regularly with staff across all departments to ensure consistent development support of programs and priority projects;
- Directly support KIB’s President and Senior Vice President of Development and External Affairs as needed;
- Maintain relationships with vendors who provide support services to this function (e.g. screening, fulfillment and technology service providers)
Planning and budgeting
- Assist with developing and monitoring annual income and expense budgets related to individual giving;
- Provide regular reports regarding fundraising performance and expectations;
- Create an individual workplan in line with departmental goals and KIB’s strategic plan.
- Assist with department recruiting and hiring as needed;
- Assist with recruiting and supervising department interns as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the planning and execution of individual fundraising in nonprofit organizations;
- Comfortable meeting new people and developing rapport;
- Able to represent KIB in a professional yet approachable manner;
- Exceptional writing skills, including the use of persuasive language;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Able to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Experience working with donor database software or CRM; Salesforce experience is a definite plus!
Additional Attributes of Strong Candidates:
Exhibit KIB’s Cultural Values of Teamwork, Responsibility, Excellence, Openness, Balance, and Joy.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- Three years of relevant professional work in fundraising preferred
- We will give consideration to all candidates who can demonstrate success in a constituent-facing role within an organization. Therefore, equivalent experience may include, but is not limited to: customer service, business-to-consumer sales and/or marketing.
Applications are due by September 30. To apply, use this link: https://secure.advancedpayroll.com/ta/APS5957.jobs?ApplyToJob=167967233