Job Title: Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Benefits: Health, dental, & vision insurance (company pays 80–90% of employee coverage); company-paid life and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) match of 3%; generous PTO and holiday schedule
As Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, you’ll support the mission and goals of KIB through fund development efforts, specifically by managing our corporate and foundation partners program. You’ll help shape our corporate and foundation solicitation and stewardship plans, including corporate days of service, sponsorship opportunities and innovative funder activations. You will have the opportunity to gain professional fulfillment through this role, such as participating in organization-wide diversity and inclusion efforts and other committees inside and outside of KIB. You’ll serve as a decision-maker and leader among staff as you raise over $1.6 million annually for KIB.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Corporate and Foundation Fund Development:
- In concert with the Senior Vice President of Development and External Affairs and the Development team, create and implement short- and long-term action plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts at all levels from corporations, foundations, and governmental agencies;
- Oversee corporate sponsorship solicitations/proposals to obtain revenue for general operating expenses, special projects, and events;
- Supervise the Grants Manager to oversee the preparation and submission of grant proposals and reports;
- Ensure delivery of all funder requirements and expectations (reports, logo placement, volunteer days, social media posts, etc.);
- Meet regularly with corporate and foundation representatives, engaging other staff as appropriate;
- Participate in planning and executing special events;
- Work collaboratively across all KIB departments to ensure we achieve overall fundraising goals;
- Serve as a leader among staff, setting an example for teamwork.
- Report directly to the Senior Vice President of Development and External Affairs, taking a leadership role among others in the reporting line;
- Work with the Development & Marketing team to support fundraising, assisting with communications and events (this position works particularly closely with the Director of Marketing, especially when managing corporate relationships with both marketing and fundraising benefits and deliverables);
- Meet regularly with managers and program staff across all departments to ensure consistent development support of programs and priority projects;
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Volunteers to ensure smooth communication throughout recruitment and execution of corporate days of service;
- Directly support KIB’s President and Senior Vice President of Development and External Affairs as needed.
- Assist with department recruiting and hiring as needed; assist with recruiting and supervising department interns as needed.
Planning and budgeting
- Develop and monitor annual income and expense budgets related to corporate and foundation fundraising;
- Provide regular reports regarding fundraising performance and expectations;
- Create an individual workplan in line with departmental goals and KIB’s strategic plan.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the planning and execution of corporate and foundation fundraising in nonprofit organizations;
- Comfortable meeting with all levels of corporate and foundation decision-makers;
- Able to represent KIB in a professional yet approachable manner;
- Exceptional writing skills, including the use of persuasive language;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Experience developing and managing people and budgets;
- Able to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience working with donor database software or CRM; Salesforce experience is a definite plus!
Additional Attributes of Strong Candidates:
Exhibit KIB’s Cultural Values of Teamwork, Responsibility, Excellence, Openness, Balance, and Joy.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- Five years of relevant professional work in fundraising preferred
- We will give consideration to all candidates who can demonstrate success representing his or her organization to business contacts and achieving goals. Therefore, equivalent experience may include, but is not limited to: sales, marketing and/or community/public relations
Applications are due by September 30. To apply, use this link: https://secure.advancedpayroll.com/ta/APS5957.jobs?ApplyToJob=167966528