The Program Assistant provides administrative, logistical and programmatic support to ISC’s U.S. Program team and executive-level support to the VP for U.S. Programs. The position is a key part of a dynamic team working on a range of climate and sustainability-related programs for cities and regions in the U.S. Primary responsibilities include team logistics and administrative support, workshop logistics, program research, and assistance in the development of written and web-based training, communications, and development materials.
The position is located in Montpelier, VT and provides support to multiple projects in the U.S. Program Team portfolio.
- Provide administrative support (e.g. calendar and schedule management, meeting preparation and documentation in Salesforce, and travel planning) for the VP of U.S. programming.
- Directly support U.S. programming, specifically through logistics management for national events, workshops, research, scheduling, and data management.
- Manage internal systems of U.S. Program team by maintaining team calendars, taking meeting notes, disseminating information from webinars and trainings, maintaining and updating program development and evaluation systems, resources, and tools.
- Support timely processing of invoices and other payments.
- Conduct research to support program development, including compiling information for current and future projects, targeted outreach efforts, and constituent engagement opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of project documents (reports, project summaries, etc.), and other written documents as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills that reflect an attention to detail, the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, and effectively maintain systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively consolidate, summarize and concisely synthesize information in a fast paced environment
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the team and plan ahead
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a contributing team member and with people at all levels within the organization
- Proficiency in PC skills such as Microsoft Office, Gmail and Google apps, Salesforce, and other cloud-based resources.
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Two to five years relevant work experience
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals
Office environment. No special working conditions.