POSITION SUMMARY: River Network seeks a positive, detail-oriented, and organized associated to provide backbone administrative support to River Network’s leadership. The responsibilities of this position extend to three areas critical to mission success: donor relations, membership, and operations / executive. This position works with River Network leadership to deliver results and is based at River Network’s organizational headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. This position is ideal for someone seeking to add value immediately to a growing nonprofit with national reach.
ABOUT RIVER NETWORK: River Network is the foremost national nonprofit connecting water-focused organizations, agencies, businesses, and communities for greater local impact and healthier rivers across the U.S. We are the only national nonprofit with this unique focus. We exist to support the 6,000+ groups engaged in efforts to protect and restore the waters of our country at the local level. We envision a future of clean and ample water for people and nature, where local caretakers are well-equipped, effective and courageous champions for our rivers. We are committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas to achieve our mission. Visit www.rivernetwork.org to learn more about our current priorities.
- Donor relations:
- Create and deliver error-free donation acknowledgement and renewal letters in a timely manner with adequate oversight from Donor Relations Director.
- Provide superior record-keeping using River Network’s systems (Salesforce).
- Schedule meetings and travel related to donor visits.
- Complete or assist in annual state charity filings and charity status changes (e.g., Guidestar).
- Provide exceptional customer service to existing and potential members, including assisting with registration and renewal process, answering questions related to membership levels and benefits, solving issues that arise related to webinar registration and dues payments, posting job descriptions, etc. under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Provide accurate and complete support to staff responsible for delivering membership benefits, including assisting staff with webinar registrations, under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Make requested changes to website (WordPress) and assist with community engagement events as requested under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Provide error-free record-keeping relevant to membership, including member contact information in Salesforce, support for updating and expanding information included on our map, etc. under the guidance of the Donor Relations Director.
- Support awards administration designed to celebrate accomplishments across our community in partnership with the President / CEO.
- Operations / Executive:
- Assist with board packet assembly and distribution, miscellaneous tasks associated with the board of directors, and meeting planning / travel arrangements under the supervision of the President / CEO.
- Provide operations support under the direction of the Finance Director, including mail processing, bank deposits, supply purchases, and other routine tasks requiring attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Support other tasks associated with systems integration, file management, and financial data integrity.
- Computer fluency, including use of email, Outlook for scheduling, Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) for projects and tracking progress, Microsoft SharePoint or similar platforms for file storage and management, and Adobe to generate .pdfs, or demonstrated aptitude using similar software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar relational databases to support record-keeping responsibilities, and WordPress or other website platforms.
- Administrative or project management experience, particularly in relation to executive support, fundraising or sales, operations, bookkeeping, and/or accounting.
- Positive, self-motivated, and quick learner with an upbeat attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and drive to succeed with a wide range of personalities.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service, defining and tracking deadlines, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to values of mutual respect and collaboration, teamwork, inclusiveness, and diversity.
- Understanding of internal control procedures and nonprofit businesses.
- Demonstrated history of attention to detail, customer service prowess, and highly organized.
- Salesforce and WordPress experience.
Competitive nonprofit salary, depending on experience, with potential for growth. River Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume as one integrated document (word or .pdf) to Storey Blackwell (email@example.com) with “OPERATIONS & MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE” in the subject line of the email or apply by mail by sending your materials to River Network, c/o Storey Blackwell, P.O. Box 21387, Boulder, CO 80308. All applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. MTN on June 7, 2018.