The Montana Wildlife Federation (MWF) seeks an energetic leader to help advance our mission, sustain our operations, and grow our grassroots power. As Montana's oldest and largest wildlife conservation organization, MWF has played a central role for more than 80 years in the creation, enactment, and implementation of the laws and programs that protect Montana's wildlife, public lands, and public access for hunting, fishing, trapping, and other outdoor recreation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing and implementing activities that advance MWF's conservation programs, maintain our organization's financial health, promote our outreach and communications goals, and sustain our operations. As leader of a nonprofit organization that is a major player in Montana's conservation community, the ED is required to demonstrate strategic leadership skills as well as a practical willingness to get under the hood to tackle hands-on operational needs.
Candidates for this position should have the following qualifications, as a result of their experiences and/or educational attainment:
- At least five years in conservation advocacy, nonprofit management, grassroots organizing or a related field.
- Experience in managing, facilitating, and motivating volunteers, board members, and/or staff.
- Experience in fundraising and enthusiasm for raising the revenue needed to meet organization-wide budget and program needs.
- Experience in communicating with and listening to people with a wide range of views.
- Ability to work collaboratively with conservation groups, agricultural groups, public agencies, and other community interests.
A personal commitment to fish and wildlife conservation, avid participation in hunting, fishing, and other wildlife-based recreation, and experience in conservation policy and advocacy are also assets to this position.
This is an exciting time for MWF, and we are eager to hire a seasoned nonprofit manager or an emerging leader who is committed to protecting the outdoor heritage that makes Montana the Last, Best Place. For a complete job announcement, visit montanawildlife.org/work-for-mwf/. If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity and meet most of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.