This position supports the industry-leading phones program and looks to constantly improve it. The work encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and professional opportunities. From targeting on Catalist tools and data, to analyzing programs and reports, to managing projects and relationships with allied organization data staffers. A successful candidate will have a background in data management, coalition collaboration, along with the desire for professional growth. This position reports directly to the Data and Phones Manager and works closely with the Communications, Public Engagement, and Political teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensure regular and timely communication with appropriate organizations/stakeholders and vendors to implement phone programs
· Oversee the numerous, and often concurrent, phone programs CAC/PP works with organizations to execute
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of identifying universes for prospective phone programs
· Attend internal and external meetings to determine best courses of actions and plot future projects, along with providing updates on ongoing projects
· Produce compelling and informative reports for both data and non-data staff on future, past, and present phone programs
· Provide backend data support to vendors and affiliate organizations
· Directly manage data flow and data standardization from vendors and partner organizations
· Through strong quantitative skills identify opportunities to improve program performance among members, action takers, and the general public
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience
· At least 2 years of experience managing and manipulating voter file data (NGP VAN, Catalist, TargetSmart, etc.) for advocacy, membership and/or political campaign organizations
· Ability to efficiently manage multiple ongoing projects under short timelines
· Strong customer service and communication skills, including translating complex data problems into concise summaries, recommendations, and plans for non-technical staff
· Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with data and program staff internally as well as with partner organizations and external vendors
· Proficiency in SQL, R, Unix, Python is a plus
· Previous experience creating data visualizations (Tableau, Periscope, QuickBase, et cetera) desired
Compensation and Location
· This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan. The Climate Action Campaign is located in Washington, DC.
Please send resume and cover letter here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter here