Moms Clean Air Force (Moms) is a community of over 1,000,000 moms—and dads—working together to combat air pollution, including the urgent crisis of our changing climate. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools, and on-the-ground organizing.
Moms Clean Air Force is working in Denver, Colorado in partnership with GreenLatinos, a national non-profit organization that convenes a broad coalition of Latino leaders committed to addressing national, regional and local environmental, natural resources and conservation issues that significantly affect the health and welfare of the Latino community in the United States.
Moms Clean Air Force is seeking a highly motivated individual in Denver, Colorado who is dedicated to building a program in Denver, Colorado to engage Latina and non-Latina moms and families on issues of clean air, conservation and climate change.
This part-time contract position will be dedicated to executing an issue-based campaign in order to:
Develop strong coalition of partners and supermoms to support and grow Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos’ missions in Colorado.
- Cultivate a diverse group of advocates and stakeholders in Denver, Colorado to grow Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos’ capacity in the state and build public and political support to address air pollution and climate change
- Engage and represent Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos within campaign and coalition groups to support local and federal programs and policy priorities
Lead visits with local, state and federal elected leaders and their staff and advocate on policy priorities
- Mobilize Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos supermoms and other members to communicate and engage with elected officials and other decision makers on climate change, conservation and air quality
- Organize individual advocacy meetings and events to bring visibility to policy priorities at the local and federal level
- Organize supporters to attend and testify at hearings and workshops related to Colorado’s air quality issues
Plan and execute meetings and grassroots events to educate, build relationships and create visibility for Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos in Colorado
- Engage Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos membership through online platforms including action alerts, emails, social media and through grassroots campaign tactics including phone banking and canvassing
- Cultivate and educate Supermoms throughout Colorado to build diverse constituencies of support for policy priorities
- Educate and present at public meetings, events, town halls, schools and parenting events
Increase the visibility of Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos on climate change and air quality issues through media
- Coordinate with communications staff to place opinion pieces and letters to the editor in local papers
- Identify local parent voices to amplify Moms Clean Air Force’s and GreenLatinos’ message in media
- Identify earned media opportunities in family-centric print, TV, radio, and online platforms
- Organize press events in rapid response to key policy issues
- Build relationship with local media and provide quotes and speaking opportunities to media
- Maintain a Colorado-specific webpage that highlights relevant issues and highlights Moms Clean Air Force and GreenLatinos work in the field
Provide periodic reports through weekly conference calls, monthly and quarterly written reports and other communications as needed.
- Strong commitment to clean air and climate change solutions
- General understanding of Colorado’s environmental issues and politics
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure with both grassroots and grass-tops volunteers and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with constituents, elected officials and allies
- Familiarity working with online advocacy tools, website, and social media
- Minimum 2 years of political and field experience preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented, goal driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a positive, timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Some nights and weekends required
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Send resume and cover letter to: