Administrative Assistant Position for the Continental Divide Trail Coalition
Location: Golden, Colorado
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance & Human Resources
Supervision Exercised: none
Desired Start Date: January 13, 2020
GENERAL ACTIVITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND DUTIES
- Customer Service
- Answers the phone, answers questions or routes calls to appropriate persons or resources. Checks CDTC voicemail system for new messages and returns calls where necessary.
- Oversees the processing and fulfillment of public inquiries about the CDT and the CDTC via phone, written and email requests.
- Maintains and updates public inquiry materials as necessary.
- Checks emails on a daily basis, and directs to appropriate staff for follow-up or response. Reviews and deletes junk email on a daily basis.
- Writes timely correspondence, thank you letters, public inquiry responses, membership letters and donation letters.
- Administrative Support
- Schedules meeting appointments and makes travel arrangements as requested by the Executive Director.
- Provides pre- and post-event follow up as requested by Executive Director.
- Assists with and attends special events and meetings as needed.
- Tracks and purchases office and shipping supplies. Tracks and maintains CDTC merchandise inventory.
- Researches and provides recommendation for the purchase of resale merchandise products. Keeps inventory of merchandise accurate and frequently updated.
- Assists with all organizational programs as needed.
- Gathers information for and assembles board meeting packets.
- Fulfills online store orders.
- Other support activities as assigned.
- CDTC Membership and Donor Tracking
- Opens and organizes incoming mail on a daily basis. Prepares and organizes new memberships, membership renewals, and donation information, and then proceeds with database entry.
- Notifies the Executive Director, Development Manager, and Finance/HR Director of any donations greater than $100, so the donor is acknowledged within 48 hours.
- Enters donations into Salesforce database and updates donor information in Salesforce as needed.
- Enters new and renewing members and donors in Salesforce, updates correct addresses, mails out thank you letters, fulfills individual member benefits, and sends membership renewal emails.
- Tracks results for appeals, donations, and membership drives. Prepares reports as needed.
- Emails membership renewal notices following CDTC policy. Tracks membership data.
- Assists with membership campaigns and appeal letters.
- Assists with developing a Customer Service Plan annually to analyze and recommend how CDTC should accommodate members, trail users, donors, etc.
- Special Event Coordination
- Assists with pre- and post-event coordination and follow up for the following:
- Board of Directors meeting twice a year.
- Washington, DC meetings.
- Fundraising and other events as needed.
- CDTC Shuttle Program
- Takes reservations and plans the CDTC shuttle service for hikers in New Mexico.
- Serves as the main point of contact for hikers looking to reserve, reschedule, or cancel reservations.
- Coordinates with shuttle drivers on a continuous basis.
- Coordinates with on-site volunteer March through May each year.
- Mission-centric individual who supports the CDTC’s mission to complete, promote, and protect the Continental Divide Trail.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working as an administrative assistant desired but not necessary.
- Self-starter with good judgment and initiative to work without close supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be personable, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM database software highly desirable.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel as well as Google Docs.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, set priorities, and deal diplomatically with individuals.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
The employee is occasionally required to drive a personal vehicle; therefore, current driver’s license and auto insurance is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CDTC is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$25,000 – 28,000 annual starting salary depending on experience. CDTC also provides benefits including generous annual leave and paid holidays, personal health days, CDT experience days, monthly health insurance stipend, cell phone reimbursement, RTD Eco Pass, and 403(b) retirement plan contributions.
Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter and list of three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant Application.” Deadline to apply is January 2nd, 2020.