Vote Solar is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing solar energy into the mainstream. Our headquarters are in Oakland, CA, and we have offices in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C and Utah. We are in search of a top-notch candidate to work with Vote Solar’s Interior West Director to design, campaign for, and implement key policies for making solar more affordable and accessible in the Interior West. The position will initially focus on Arizona and New Mexico, but may also include work in Colorado and Nevada.
The Regional Manager will be responsible for advancing solar policies in assigned states in the Interior West. Activities include:
- Identifying solar policy needs and opportunities in target states. Policy campaigns will span our five program areas: Rooftop Solar, Community Solar, Utility-Scale Solar, Gird Modernization and Access & Equity.
- Supporting renewable energy ballot initiatives, including building supporter networks and working with diverse stakeholders on executing campaign strategies.
- Planning and executing comprehensive regulatory and legislative campaigns to advance solar policy.
- Building policymaker and regulator support for solar policy through education, testimony, direct intervention, fact sheets, quantitative analysis, presentations and relationship building.
- Leveraging grassroots supporters and key influencers to turn solar’s broad popularity into effective political power.
- Working with our internal communications team to plan and implement media and social media plans to support campaign objectives.
- Building external partnerships and helping lead coalitions to increase the effectiveness of our campaigns.
Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or above in a related field. Candidate should have at least three years of experience working on legislative campaigns, or other transferable policy work. Experience with statewide political organizing or campaigning is preferred. Familiarity with solar/energy policy in the Interior West, and relationships with state and regional stakeholders are also a plus.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate is a friendly policy-oriented person who knows their way around the legislative arena, and has demonstrated campaign skills. Fluency in Spanish is a big plus. We are looking for someone who can:
- Become an expert on complex solar policy topics.
- Strengthen relationships among diverse group of stakeholders through strong collaboration skills.
- Develop and execute successful legislative campaigns.
- Write and present formal testimony.
- Communicate effectively for legislative and general audiences.
- Work independently, effectively and creatively.
This position will be based in the Interior West, with strong preference for Arizona or New Mexico. As this position will require regional travel, proximity to transportation hubs is important.
Excellent benefits: Vote Solar provides full-time staff with a competitive package, including paid vacation and sick time, health care and a retirement savings plan. Start Date ASAP.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject “Interior West Manager”
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We strongly encourage leaders of color, women and those who identify as LGBTQ to apply.