Vote Solar is a non-profit organization with the mission of making solar more accessible and affordable across the United States. We are in search of a Development Coordinator to join our fundraising team. Vote Solar’s fundraising team supports an impact-driven, growing organization creating real and sustainable clean energy progress.
We are looking for a development professional to help build out our team with a special focus on events and corporate fundraising programs. Reporting to the Director of Investment Partnerships, the Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of multiple established fundraising events and support the department’s corporate and individual donor programs.
An ideal candidate will bring a passion for our mission and an interest in gaining or expanding their experience in the fields of development and fundraising. A successful candidate for this position will possess strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask, experience planning and executing events, and the ability to communicate and translate information to a variety of audiences.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee planning and execution of fundraising and donor cultivation events. This includes two large, established annual fundraising events and various cultivation receptions.
- Assist with corporate sponsorship and individual underwriting for events—including development of materials, solicitation, benefits, and acknowledgment.
- Manage all event logistics, including vendor research and selection, venue set up, guest lists and registration, speaker outreach, creation of collateral and signage, guest services, onsite operations, and follow up.
- Prepare invitations, programs, briefing memos, and other materials for events.
- Design and oversee post-event follow up including thank you notes and post-event evaluation. Ensure all information in the CRM system is accurate according to standards set by the organization.
- Assist with execution of annual stewardship and cultivation plans for existing and prospective corporate event sponsors.
- Develop corporate prospecting lists and outreach plans.
- Work with the development and communications teams to coordinate donor outreach strategies— including individual donor cultivation and retention strategies, growing a monthly donor program, targeted stewardship communications, and an end of year giving drive.
- Assist with development of donor-centric messaging that ensure our supporters feel engaged in our work.
- Assist with development of organizational systems to streamline communications and track interactions.
- Provide support for the departmental use of fundraising database, including updating records, designing and producing various reports, data management and segmentation, and maintaining data accuracy, etc.
- Assist with correspondence including drafting, editing and preparing various letters and reports.
- Provide best in class customer service for those responding to outreach with questions, account updates, or comments.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in the areas of fundraising, communication, event planning, or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and maintain a positive, professional attitude
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload, and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think strategically to improve processes and increase efficiencies
- Ability to handle personal and sensitive information confidentially
- Ability to anticipate needs and independently take appropriate action
Bonus points for:
- Passion for building strong new capacity at a growing organization
- Experience with fundraising or relationship management databases
- Ability to learn and communicate about complex energy policy
- Familiarity with the rules and restrictions associated with working for 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 charitable organizations
Vote Solar’s organizational culture values humor, kindness, and respect in interpersonal relationships, working hard and effectively, and a passion for winning.
This position will be based at an existing Vote Solar office, with a strong preference for Oakland, California. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits: Vote Solar provides full-time staff with a competitive package, including paid vacation and sick time, health care and a retirement savings plan. Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to expand the diversity of its staff. Start date: ASAP.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Development Coordinator”.
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We strongly encourage leaders of color, women and those who identify as LGBTQ to apply